WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H everyone,
Just because it looks so good I put myself down for a Linjer Chrono-Diver on IndieGogo. I usually go for automatics from known watch brands and micro brands, but sapphire crystal, Ronda movement, Nemoto LumiNova...for the price it might be good. www.indiegogo.com/projects/swiss-movement-watches-without-the-luxury-markup-design
linjer.jpg
Anyway, what does it remind you of? I assume they've been influenced by real classic dive watches. The only thing I can think of is the Omega Speedmaster, although only if you squint. Does it look like anything else?

·
Moderator at Large
54,067 Posts
Linjer is an independent design studio with roots in Oslo, Norway.....
... copying the designs of other manufacturers (Omega, Junghans Max Bill, Rolex). Pass.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! I knew someone would say that ;-)

But that's exactly the question; which other watches have influenced these Norwegian designers?

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
I'd say it's fairly generic. There is some Speedmaster in the the indices and the sub-dials, and the general proportions remind me of the Hamilton Jazzmaster Seaview chrono. But all in all they just used existing design elements from different influences. It could just as well be a Festina, Emporio Armani or Hugo Boss fashion watch. Nothing wrong with that, though, I think it looks pretty clean.

hamilton-chronograph-jazzmaster-seaview-chrono-h37512131_85202375.jpg

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
This isn't a copy in the slightest. There are 'footnotes' to other watch designs in there - but I'm not looking at that and thinking "That's supposed to look like a Rolex. Or a Tag Heuer. Or an Omega". Though I do think that design elements of each have worked their way in.

I frankly think it's a nicely designed watch that incorporates a variety of influences in an interesting way - without being too busy or confused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts