WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm getting my first Tag and I am considering the Link Calibre 6. Any comments/opinions regarding this? Is Link considered to be the in higher range? I've read elsewhere on this forum that the quality of Tags is dropping. How true is this? Am I better off with an Omega? The Tags look sexier though.:-! Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
the link is a very nice watch. i feel the quality of the link is as good as it gets with tag. can't go wrong with the link i wear mine almost every day.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I would consider the new 42mm calibre 5 Link which is new this year. The cal 6 is 39mm. Having seen both, the 42mm has more wrist presence.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have really small wrists so I think the 42mm would be too huge for me..

Are there any Omega owners in this forum who can compare the quality between Omegas and Tags?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if the Calibre 6 has a perpetual calendar? Is this only featured in high end watches?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was thinking of getting the Calibre 6 for Christmas, as I liked small seconds hand at 6'o'clock...no it does not have perpetual calender.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I did buy a Tag and returned it after about 48 hrs. It was a F1 chrono and I was not impressed at all, HOWEVER I am still looking for another TAG (auto this time) since they are still cheaper than my Seamaster. I do think the Link and higher end Tags are of much better quality than the low end stuff which IMHO one would be better off with a Seiko or Citizen.

I was at one of our local ADs yesterday trying out Tags and Hamiltons and the Links do "feel" more worth the money and I feel worth what they want: all things being relative my Seamaster still "feels" a better built watch- REMEMBER its your money and what you like; its ALL a qualitative judgement, not quantitative.

BTW the AD where I was at is quitting Tag. They said Macy's is now the big TAG dealer. The other AD where my friend gets all his Tags (6) quit earlier this year...now the only place to see them is Macy's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here are the pics. Managed to get a card reader.
As you can see, my wrist is tiny, almost miniscule, hence my reluctance to get the Calibre S or even the Calibre 16.

DSC01805.JPG

DSC01804.JPG

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The brown dial provides a good contrast for the high polished hour markers. They really reflect alot of light. I noticed this when I tried one on. Very nice!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I really liked that colour as well it was my next choice after the Grand Carrera, maybe next month....

Happy new year to All
Ronnie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

The Grand Carerra is a magnificent timepiece - it looks absolutely stunning especially in the showcase under a spotlight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the black faced Calibre 6. I like the way it looks. I maybe should have gone with the larger Chrono but I thought it might be too big. My Calibre six seems to run a little to fast, about 7 seconds a day. I need to figure out how to get this right. I just bought the watch on Dec. 20th, 2007.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I have the black faced Calibre 6. I like the way it looks. I maybe should have gone with the larger Chrono but I thought it might be too big. My Calibre six seems to run a little to fast, about 7 seconds a day. I need to figure out how to get this right. I just bought the watch on Dec. 20th, 2007.
Give it a couple of months to "break in" or "settle in"... You'll see the performance then.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts