WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a list of watches with ETA's COSC-certified, chronometer-grade movements?

I've tried looking in all the usual places, but I've never found a simple list of manufacturers and models using 2824/2892/7750/... movements with COSC certification.

Many thanks, and have a great weekend!

D.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike,

I thought not - but hoped that maybe some generous soul might have put something together.

Since manufacturer websites are often a pain to navigate, it's often quite hard to find watches that feature COSC-certified movements. Certina makes a few, but you'd never know unless you stumbled across them by accident!

Oh well... the quest goes on!

Cheers,

D.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Hi Mike,

I thought not - but hoped that maybe some generous soul might have put something together.

Since manufacturer websites are often a pain to navigate, it's often quite hard to find watches that feature COSC-certified movements. Certina makes a few, but you'd never know unless you stumbled across them by accident!

Cheers,

D.
Could you not be that generous soul? With the time you're putting in to find a pre-made list, you could start compiling one of your own.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Nightowl,

I'm always happy to contribute to this forum, and - if I get the chance - I'll try to put something together.

Sometimes it's a bit difficult to keep up with manufacturers (e.g. Longines) tinkering and renaming ETA movements, so I didn't want to duplicate or contradict the work of better-informed users on this forum.

Cheers,

D.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Almost all bremont and breitlings except for their in house movement? If I'm not mistaken Panerais with ETA hand wound are COSC certified?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
any Breitling
Panerai
Omega
IWC's ETA exceed chronometer specs
Ball
Tissot has some models that are COSC ** Tissot is basically to Omega what Tudor is to Rolex until recently**

·
Premium Member
22,365 Posts
Hi Mike,

Cheers,

D.
Start by looking at the brands under the Swatch group. Since ETA is cutting back on movements supplied to non-Swatch group brands, that means it'll be increasingly uncommon to see ETA movements outside the Swatch group.

As for that list you're asking for, you're essentially saying that you know what you're asking is a ridiculous amount of work, and it's much too much effort for you to do it, but you're hoping that some poor sod who values their time less than they value yours will do the grunt work?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Amongst other movements Rado has released COSC versions of the ETA 2892, 2836, 2824, 2671 and 2783. The 2892 was released in both traditional and skeletonized versions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Start by looking at the brands under the Swatch group. Since ETA is cutting back on movements supplied to non-Swatch group brands, that means it'll be increasingly uncommon to see ETA movements outside the Swatch group.

As for that list you're asking for, you're essentially saying that you know what you're asking is a ridiculous amount of work, and it's much too much effort for you to do it, but you're hoping that some poor sod who values their time less than they value yours will do the grunt work?
Thanks for the ETA/Swatch advice (although I already knew they are cutting back, it's a useful reminder).

I am not expecting "some poor sod" to "do the grunt work" for me. This forum is a great resource for those of us who share a passion and knowledge of the watch industry. I was just wondering whether such a list existed anywhere. The answer seems to be "apparently not", in which case I might consider compiling one of current manufacturers and models, which may be of use to forum members. Please don't be unpleasant about what was a friendly enquiry.

Have a good weekend,

D.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I am not expecting "some poor sod" to "do the grunt work" for me. This forum is a great resource for those of us who share a passion and knowledge of the watch industry. I was just wondering whether such a resource existed anywhere. The answer seems to be "apparently not", in which case I might consider compiling a list of current manufacturers and models, which may be of use to forum members
And if you do happen to compile such a list, I'm sure it would be very useful and appreciated by many here, myself included.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts