WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While working on a Marathon TSAR this weekend for a forum member I stumbled upon something that may be of interest here and to other on the dive watch forum. The bezel insert for the Marathon TSAR and the inserts for a Seiko SKX007 will fit in each other. While this is good news for the Marathon crowd it is also good for the Seiko people. The reason is this insert is thick and has really deep indexes. It can be refinished in color and the indexes could be lumed or painted. Until now the only way to find an insert this nice (that I was able to find) was to get one off of a Tuna. When I get a change I'll see if these can be purchased from Marathon. I'll post pictures once I have this one completed. Harold has a SS insert in both 12 hour GMT and 60 minute but they are very shallow and we have found them hard to paint in after coating. These are deeper than the Tuna and has a nice deep triangle pip kind of like a Sinn 657.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Great tip Mike!

I also think the inserts from the GSAR/CSAR fit some Tunas...but this would obviosly need to be verified :).

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Tuna's and the SKX007 are the same size so that would make sense.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Nice find. All we need now is tritium dial and hands sets for Seikos :-d

It would look good with one of the already-available military-style dials, too, though.

·
11,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gabe for the picture assist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts