WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a used Rolex or watch from liveauctioneers or another seized police or government auction? If so would you recommend it or stay away? some of the prices seem to be really good.

Registered
Liveauctioneers is a site that just connects you with other auction sites. Basically the watchrecon of auction sites. Much like you would only buy from trusted reputable guys on watchrecon, do the same on liveauctioneers. I have purchased a watch from the site but only from reputable auction houses that I have vetted. Furthermore, sometimes you can contact that auction site and bid through them to receive a lower premium.

Basically buy the auction house and do some research before. Hope this helps!

Registered
Never a watch but my late father bought a Porsche 993 from an IRS auction in 2008. He got a great deal and the process was easy enough.

With watches I deeply doubt they'd do anything to authenticate, so I'd tread lightly there. In my casual messing around looking at vehicles listed for sale on government auction sites there are frequent errors; this could play in your favor or against you.

Shameless plug the 993 is for sale right now; I inherited 2 and can't keep both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts