WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most everyone here knows, the case backs were ordered with a brushed finish and a sequential serial number. What we received were backs with polished finishes and SN000001. This didn't seem to bother most people, but two did cancel, and a few expressed mild displeasure.

After a good deal of discussion with the manufacturer, they have agreed to produce new backs for everyone. Round trip shipping for installation will be paid for by us, and the turnaround will be 24 hours, once the watch arrives here (old case back will not be returned with the watch). As an alternative, the new back will be shipped directly to the owner, and whether it gets changed or stored for the future, is the owner's decision.

The backs will be here in about three weeks. They will be shipped a few at a time as we confirm that the LE number in our records, matches that of each owner. No mad rush for shipping, this time.

As a bonus, the engraving will be deeper, and the limited edition number will be twice as large.

New case backs will be installed on remaining unsold watches, and the old backs will be disposed of.

Mitch

·
Registered
761 Posts
As most everyone here knows, the case backs were ordered with a brushed finish and a sequential serial number. What we received were backs with polished finishes and SN000001. This didn't seem to bother most people, but two did cancel, and a few expressed mild displeasure.

After a good deal of discussion with the manufacturer, they have agreed to produce new backs for everyone. Round trip shipping for installation will be paid for by us, and the turnaround will be 24 hours, once the watch arrives here (old case back will not be returned with the watch). As an alternative, the new back will be shipped directly to the owner, and whether it gets changed or stored for the future, is the owner's decision.

The backs will be here in about three weeks. They will be shipped a few at a time as we confirm that the LE number in our records, matches that of each owner. No mad rush for shipping, this time.

As a bonus, the engraving will be deeper, and the limited edition number will be twice as large.

New case backs will be installed on remaining unsold watches, and the old backs will be disposed of.

Mitch
Well I'm remarkably pleased. Seems a very fitting remedy for this small SNAFU.

It's this type of attention to detail and customer service that sets a small "boutique" operation apart from the rest.

Well done Mitch! :-!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Wow! :thanks Mitch for going the extra mile in getting the LM-1 just right. The change in the size of the edition number and deeper engraving is going to be very special. :-! Awesome surprise!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We will confirm with each original owner by email, a few at a time. Everyone will get a new back. Nothing has to be done. Shipping is covered both locally and internationally.

I assume most will want the back shipped to them. I don't plan on changing mine at this time. It will go in the box, with the accessories.

There will not be a new back for the PVD auction watch.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
WOW - Mitch, with the level of service that you have shown, you'll do very very well in this new venture.......:-!

Thanks again!

Ed

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That is certainly going above and beyond....great service like that combined with great watches will earn you loyal customers for a lot of years:-!

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Holy Moly, talk about a standup guy! You deserve the award of the year for this one Mitch.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
very cool, Mitch...good news indeed and muchly appreciated by all LM-1 owners.

UPS was supposed to deliver my LM-1 yesterday, but tracking says it won't come until 1/2. ahhh well.

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Didn't bother me a bit, but the new caseback will be welcomed. Mine can just be sent to me and I'll put it away in its box. b-)

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
This will be a good excuse for me to buy a case wrench...:-d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts