WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone feel the left side escape valve feels uneven or lopsided. I am trying to decide to get one or the LM-6. Just to eliminate. Let me know your opinions. Other than that............These watches are bad ass!!!
K

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
The HRV on the LM-3 is no big deal. Most of the time I forget it's even there. The shape of the LM-6's case makes it wear smaller than the LM-3. I don't think you can go wrong with either watch however I prefer the bezel, larger dial size and domed crystal of the LM-6. Here are some comparison pics of my LM-3 and the sample LM-6. :-!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Cannon, very helpful pics. The LM-6 should be the next King of the O7 line! :-!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like the overall look of the LM-3. However I don't like the screw down crown type HRV (would have went with automatic), the watch faces seem a bit plain, and a fully lumed minute hand would have been nice. Other than that it looks like a good value. What kind of movement is in the case? The band is nice and hefty looking.
b-)

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
One merely need to wear the LM3 for a while, say a couple of days, and the disappears from you consciousness. It just goes! Lock it down and us shallow divers can get our Helium eslwhere, lol

The watch just rides right and feels right. and except for that piece between the watch lugs and the bracelet that enable the hook-up(which sucks hind t***y) I would swap some other bands for a change. No more, it stays stainless. However out on a fiashing trip in the Gulf, I could use it for the stern anchor to keep from swinging back and forth.

Love these combo watch/anchor pieces. Couldn't do that with some of the common watchs around, and if you could, they would not looks as nice when pulled up.

LM3 just rocks. Would really love it in PVD: I send it back, Ocean7 does it's PVD thing and I get it back for a reasonable price. ?????

paul

·
Registered
319 Posts
My whole thing with the HRV being a screw in crown type is I have to mess with it - think about it etc. While in de-sat, I wouldn't want to be wearing the watch with the crown loose, it might snag on something and break. With an auto HRV like on my Rolex, it just off gases, and that's it, no screw crown.
One reason I refuse to wear an Omega or any other watch with this type of HRV. Other than that it's a cool watch. Looks very robust.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
My whole thing with the HRV being a screw in crown type is I have to mess with it - think about it etc. While in de-sat, I wouldn't want to be wearing the watch with the crown loose, it might snag on something and break. With an auto HRV like on my Rolex, it just off gases, and that's it, no screw crown.
One reason I refuse to wear an Omega or any other watch with this type of HRV. Other than that it's a cool watch. Looks very robust.

Most of us...99.9% I would guess...aren't commercial divers. I could give two bear craps it has an HRV crown in terms of usefulness. Aesthetically, for me, it balances out the winding crown. You're in de-sat you got other things to worry about 99.9% of us don't, although I absolutely appreciate your concern and input because after all it is a diver's watch.

Sean

·
Registered
413 Posts
Picked up an LM-3 a few days ago and it wears fine, not obstructive at all [HRV]. Of all the divers that I've picked up recently, this one somehow draws the most attention from others. Ocean7 watches somehow are a lot better in person. Pictures really don't capture the heft and beauty of these watches.

The bezel is just phenomenal on this watch. I normally don't play around with a bezel unless timing something, or diving. These Ocean7 bezels are perfect [120 click perfect-no slop]. I mess around with the bezel just because. Its a weird thing to do, but get the LM-3 and you will see what I mean!

Glad I went to the GTG here in LA. For VFM [value for the money], I don't think there is a better brand right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
ditto, ditto, ditto..........literally. Mine's on steel and I got it over the summer.....this and my G-2 PVD are my 2 daily drivers. But yeah the LM-3 just gets the most attention when I wear it....people never really comment on my vintage divers or my $$$ spensive watches.....there is just something about the LM-3 w. blue dial.........;-)

Picked up an LM-3 a few days ago and it wears fine, not obstructive at all [HRV]. Of all the divers that I've picked up recently, this one somehow draws the most attention from others. Ocean7 watches somehow are a lot better in person. Pictures really don't capture the heft and beauty of these watches.

The bezel is just phenomenal on this watch. I normally don't play around with a bezel unless timing something, or diving. These Ocean7 bezels are perfect [120 click perfect-no slop]. I mess around with the bezel just because. Its a weird thing to do, but get the LM-3 and you will see what I mean!

Glad I went to the GTG here in LA. For VFM [value for the money], I don't think there is a better brand right now.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
ditto, ditto, ditto..........literally. Mine's on steel and I got it over the summer.....this and my G-2 PVD are my 2 daily drivers. But yeah the LM-3 just gets the most attention when I wear it....people never really comment on my vintage divers or my $$$ spensive watches.....there is just something about the LM-3 w. blue dial.........;-)

the only time I've gotten comment on my watch was when they had colored dials. It's not that their comments matter to me, it's their knee jerk reaction to color on my wrist. But if it gets them into watches, I'm up for that. And now I got the LM3 and Schaumburg Chrono6 (orange)...I'm a walking billboard for color in watches.

Sean

·
Registered
304 Posts
the only time I've gotten comment on my watch was when they had colored dials. It's not that their comments matter to me, it's their knee jerk reaction to color on my wrist. But if it gets them into watches, I'm up for that. And now I got the LM3 and Schaumburg Chrono6 (orange)...I'm a walking billboard for color in watches.

Sean
Got any pics of that Orange LM3:)....

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts