WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The LM-6 is in final production. We will receive between 20 and 30 pieces before the manufacturer closes for the holidays. The rest of our large order will be assembled when they return, and we should have everything by late January. The chrono cases will be ready soon, so we may even have a few pieces in January, too.

We will get some pvd GMT carbon fiber special editions, and a few steel GMT and 2824 versions with different dials. I asked them to do the best they can. Whatever they assemble and test will ship to us on Friday.

All will include metal bands. Watches without metal bands will arrive in January.

On Friday when we know exactly what is being shipped to us, a separate temporary order page on the web site will be set up, including only those items. Pictures will not be on that page.

Sorry we can't make more this week. Hopefully this will satisfy the initial demand from forum members. Announcements will be posted here first, so those on the forum will have a better chance of getting what they want.

Here are the prices:

LM-6 GMT pvd with carbon fiber dial and metal band, special edition $1249
(this price reflects a $150 premium for pvd coating and the carbon fiber dial - $0 for calling it a special edition)

LM-6 GMT $999 plus $99 for metal band - $1098

LM-6 2824 $799 plus $99 for metal band - $898

Under the circumstances, there is no way we can offer specific serial numbers, but we can try.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Thanks for the update Mitch, I definitely want an LM-6 in one form or another :-!. I have not decided yet if I want a standard LM-6 or spring for the chrono, I will probably be waiting until January to order. Of course I am also anxiously awaiting updates on the LM-7 ;-).

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for the update. Although I'll be waiting for the 7750, I cant wait until we start seeing the 2824 and GMTs out in the "wild" :thanks

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably change the yellow dial and hands in the sample because I want the new lume. There is nothing wrong with the sample case. I will definitely stay with a yellow dial.

When the balance of the production watches arrive in January, I will take a black dial GMT.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Mitch- sounds like a HODGE PODGE will arrive- but also sounds like Yellow might come in on the first shipment of the regular LM-6's?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks that way, but not much we can do, with only four days left until the factory closes. We will definitely have some yellow dials.

Mitch

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Mitch,
Does the LM6-GMT PVD SE carry in its guts an ETA 2824 ?
Also, what delivery time would we be dealing with from my dear state of California ?
Thank you.
Thierry

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I think I've settled on a yellow dial LM-6. Can't wait to see this on my wrist! b-)

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The LM-6GMT uses the ETA 2893-2 movement. The standard LM-6 uses the ETA 2824-2.

The watches will ship to us on Friday. If they don't get stuck in customs for a day they will arrive on Monday, but more likely they will arrive next Wednesday.

We will start taking orders on Friday once we know what's coming, and we should have no trouble inspecting and shipping next Wednesday and Thursday.

The assembly work really has to finish on Wednesday so that watches can run for 48 hours and be adjusted on the timing machine, before shipping.

Mitch

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At 5:00PM EST today, a special page titled, "LM-6 Ordering for Initial Production Run", will be available on the web site. We have about 22 watches coming on Monday or Wednesday, including an assortment of every model. As I mentioned, the initial shipment will only be available with bands.

This has been a long time coming, and I'm very happy that we can finally offer the LM-6 to everyone who has waited so long for it.

Mitch

·
Registered
70 Posts
At 5:00PM EST today, a special page titled, "LM-6 Ordering for Initial Production Run", will be available on the web site. We have about 22 watches coming on Monday or Wednesday, including an assortment of every model. As I mentioned, the initial shipment will only be available with bands.

This has been a long time coming, and I'm very happy that we can finally offer the LM-6 to everyone who has waited so long for it.

Mitch
Do you have a list of exactly what's coming?

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here is what we will get, subject to our quality control:

LM-6 GMT SE - 4

LM-6 Orange - 2
LM-6 Yellow - 3
LM-6 Black -4

LM-6GMT Orange - 2
LM-6GMT Yellow - 4
LM-6GMT Black - 4

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Later in January we will have everything in stock for immediate shipping.

FedEx shows that the shipment will be here on Monday, but that assumes all the paperwork is in order. It looks fine to me, but you never know.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I wonder how long it will take for these initial pieces to sell. I know I've got my order in for a LM-6GMT SE! Although, I don't think I'll actually have it in my hands until after the new year...

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It will be interesting to see what happens. Not many people know they are available. Nine are sold, so far.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Are any of the different options sold out yet?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts