Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the first round of changes that I think we should make:

The right side is obviously too wide, probably made that way to accomodate a large He valve crown. This will be brought back to scale, and a smaller crown will be used.

Grooved edge crowns should be used, similar to the original.

Change from C1 to C3 lume.

Dial - not sure about adding the inner 5 minute marks, but it would bring the design closer to original. I'm not concerned with keeping the dial close to other OCEAN7 designs, since this watch has a different purpose.

Comments?

Mitch

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Re: LM-8 (PloProf) first drawing

I'll leave the PloProf experts to do the critiques, but I think it captures the spirit of the original.

Good to have you back posting again, Mitch! ;-)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: LM-8 (PloProf) first drawing

Great Googley Moogley! Looks Fantastic!

Think you're right on the money re: grooved crown, particularly since it offers so little exposed surface area.

Perfectly presentable as-is, but "inner" 5-min marks would contribute to "the look".

Was really hoping for a Blue dial.

Looks amazing so far!

:-!

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Re: LM-7 (PloProf) first drawing

Sorry, this is the LM-7, not LM-8. We've been traveling for 36 hours, so the mind isn't working well.

There is no firm schedule for the production of this watch, and no guarantee that it will proceed to production. Several issues have to be worked out and are being worked on at this moment, such as the bezel construction. At some point we will see if there really is a strong interest in this design.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

I think the design is fantastic :-!. I would be in for one, but not anytime soon, there are a couple of other O7's in line first ;-).

Best, Mike W.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

very nice first round. I like it alot as Steve said I will let the PloProf experts weigh in. But my 2 cents says yippy.

·
Registered
920 Posts

Dang and I was hoping for the black LM-1 dial on this one. Call me crazy but the dial on the LM-1 is Signature Ocean7 to me. Nothing else compares. The LM-1 LE beats out quite a few so called luxury watches to my wrist. IMHO it is one of the most beautiful, simple, masculine, macho, eye catching dials I have yet to see.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Mitch - Thoughts...

what about using a black pvd instead of the red with the HE valve? Would give it a more modern feel, and still pay homage by advancing the design.

Like the blue dial - could you do a dark blue finish similar to the LM-3?

And finally....how about using the rectangular hour hand without the pointed end?

I am very excited about this. Consider this an order in advance.

Todd

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

Very nice! I like the switch to C3 lume. Personally I don't need the 5 min marks. The way you have it it looks very clean. :-!

What kind of depth rating are you shooting for? +500m?

·
Registered
237 Posts

Mitch, it looks great! I understand your concern with the right side, but I wouldn't reduce it too much. Grooved crown or not, this is not a hang-up for me. The red He valve is a must, IMO. I like the inner 5 minute markers, which would pay homage, as well as differentiate this one from your main line-up. Dark blue dial works well, also. This watch is a must, at least for me, but I don't have any doubt that it will be produced. I believe this will draw more attention, and buyers, than you may anticipate. Let me know when to send my non-refundable deposit. I'm in on this one. Keep it in motion, please!|>

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

Mitch - Thoughts...
And finally....how about using the rectangular hour hand without the pointed end?
Todd
Todd, are you suggesting taking off the pointed tip and just stopping the seconds hand as a rectangular shape. If so I think it would be way off balance.

Please correct me if I am not understanding exactly what you are describing.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

Looks amazing! :-! I really like the black on white date at 3 o'clock on this one. I don't think you could wrong with either a black or blue dial. |>

I would love to see this watch with a PVD case also. :p

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

Here are my thoughts on the hour hand...I like the "blunt" end

Gives it a little different feel.

Also shows the inner 5 minute markers. After looking at this - I think it needs it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

I have seen the Ploprof with both hr hands pointy and flat. Both work for me. Have to agree though that you should add the 5min dashes.

What is the word on the the lume on the bezel. I think that would be a nice touch as not many bezels have lume on them.

See this nice picture from Nalu :thanks

1 - 20 of 249 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.