WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really happy with my latest Aliexpress purchase: Lobinni Interlaken Ultra Thin Automatic :-!:-!

If I had found this watch earlier, I probably would not have wasted a lot of money on so many other watches!

Finally I got a really well made, great looking, thin dress watch with Seagull ST1812 movement (ETZ 2892A2 clone) under 10mm total thickness.

Although I was disappointed that the total thickness was 9.65mm (and not 7.9mm), I am more than happy with the beautiful domed sapphire crystal and the overall look it gave to the watch to forgive the extra one-point-something millimeter .... and have bought a second one - with black dial :roll:

After some time, I might get brave enough to open it up from the front and try a flat crystal to scratch the ultra-thin itch. I guess it would then come around 8.3 - 8.5mm total.

Some quick pics with the phone (the watch looks _much_ better in real).

Attachments

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,619 Posts
That's a very nice watch.

I suspect that substituting a flat crystal may foul the second hand. And even if it doesn't, it probably won't make the watch look any thinner. The thin appearance has been achieved by a combination of actual thinness, the proportions of the bezel to the case, and the angling of the underside of the case.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspect that substituting a flat crystal may foul the second hand. And even if it doesn't, it probably won't make the watch look any thinner. The thin appearance has been achieved by a combination of actual thinness, the proportions of the bezel to the case, and the angling of the underside of the case.
I agree that the look will not become any thinner with a flat crystal. The watch itself might become "flat-looking", which wont be good.

Not sure about the second hand. Without the back cover, it is 7.9mm (top of crystal to back of rotor). If this ST18 is like the others I have had, its around 5.3mm total thickness. This will bring the thickness from the back cover to the top of the second hand pin (not sure how its called) to around 7.1mm => 1mm+ could be reduced with a flat crystal.

For ultimate thinness, I could shave off 0.3mm from the rear crystal, which is 1.1mm thick. Also use 0.8mm thick crystal at the front.... to be under 8mm total :)

Its too early for me to start vandalizing my new watch, the itch can wait a little ....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
So 7.9 thickness was for case excluding the crystal. And the watch uses the ETA 2892A2 clone and has a slightly curved crystal instead of a true dome. I have not seen a true dome with sapphire, only with mineral glass or acrylic/hasselite/plexiglass. Nice specs and nice watch. I should not even look as I have no self control, especially if the watch is cheap enough. $200 is a bit high for impulse purchase. At least it is not an el cheapo or I will be buying another watch I don't need.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lobinni also sells another thin watch (8.8mm) that surprisingly uses the Peacock SL3000 movement, and they keep hawking "Miyota" movements in their listings.
Thanks for "correcting" me, I had taken this one for an ST2130 (2824 clone). Looking at the pics, I am sure the total thickness will be above 10mm, which for me is not-so-thin anymore :)

The one I bought is also advertised as high quality miyota movement. The seller did not answer questions about which movement is actually built in. Finally I took the risk, counting on Alixpress to sort it out if it turned out to be something else than ST18, which was shown on the pictures.

I think this is the lowest priced ST18 watch available anywhere. And luckily it is really well made, and check all the boxes with me. As I wrote, I wasted a lot of money on cheaper watches hoping them to be like this one. Now I should try to sell some of them ...

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Thanks for "correcting" me, I had taken this one for an ST2130 (2824 clone). Looking at the pics, I am sure the total thickness will be above 10mm, which for me is not-so-thin anymore :)

The one I bought is also advertised as high quality miyota movement. The seller did not answer questions about which movement is actually built in. Finally I took the risk, counting on Alixpress to sort it out if it turned out to be something else than ST18, which was shown on the pictures.

I think this is the lowest priced ST18 watch available anywhere. And luckily it is really well made, and check all the boxes with me. As I wrote, I wasted a lot of money on cheaper watches hoping them to be like this one. Now I should try to sell some of them ...
Please don't misunderstand my post, the movement in your watch is a Sea-Gull, most likely the ST1812. The area around the rotor bearing is very distinctive for the Sea-Gull ST21, ST18 and ST25 movements. I was surprised Lobinni had gone with a different ETA clone for this other model.

Sea-Gull ST1812

Liaoning Peacock SL3000

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Please don't misunderstand my post, the movement in your watch is a Sea-Gull, most likely the ST1812. The area around the rotor bearing is very distinctive for the Sea-Gull ST21, ST18 and ST25 movements. I was surprised Lobinni had gone with a different ETA clone for this other model.
Thanks. No misunderstanding here :)

I was referring to the movement in the watch you mentioned, the 8.8mm one. That movement looked like ST2130 to me, which I now understand is similar to the Peacock SL3000 - which I had not known/seen before.

I have "operated" on the ST1812 to make it manual wind ~3.2mm thick movement, with hacking (yesss :-!) - so familiar with the 3 screw rotor/ autowinding assembly look.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Thanks. No misunderstanding here :)

I was referring to the movement in the watch you mentioned, the 8.8mm one. That movement looked like ST2130 to me, which I now understand is similar to the Peacock SL3000 - which I had not known/seen before.

I have "operated" on the ST1812 to make it manual wind ~3.2mm thick movement, with hacking (yesss :-!) - so familiar with the 3 screw rotor/ autowinding assembly look.
Hangzhou Watch Factory also makes ETA clones (HZ6xxx).

Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Wheel Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
978 Posts
Really happy with my latest Aliexpress purchase: Lobinni Interlaken Ultra Thin Automatic :-!:-!

If I had found this watch earlier, I probably would not have wasted a lot of money on so many other watches!

Finally I got a really well made, great looking, thin dress watch with Seagull ST1812 movement (ETZ 2892A2 clone) under 10mm total thickness.

Although I was disappointed that the total thickness was 9.65mm (and not 7.9mm), I am more than happy with the beautiful domed sapphire crystal and the overall look it gave to the watch to forgive the extra one-point-something millimeter .... and have bought a second one - with black dial :roll:

After some time, I might get brave enough to open it up from the front and try a flat crystal to scratch the ultra-thin itch. I guess it would then come around 8.3 - 8.5mm total.

Some quick pics with the phone (the watch looks _much_ better in real).
Absolutely gorgeous watch! Since the Ali ad says Miyota movement, how did you know that the movement really was a Seagull ST-1812 other than observing the pics? That can be risky. Did you have any previous indication that Lobinni used the 1812 from other sources? I am giving this watch some real thought but wonder what the chances are that I might be surprised w/a miyota movement! What say you?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,619 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous watch! Since the Ali ad says Miyota movement, how did you know that the movement really was a Seagull ST-1812 other than observing the pics? That can be risky. Did you have any previous indication that Lobinni used the 1812 from other sources? I am giving this watch some real thought but wonder what the chances are that I might be surprised w/a miyota movement! What say you?
The ST1812 looks nothing like any Miyota movement, and we have photographic evidence from an actual purchased item. That movement is either a Sea-Gull ST1812 or a Swiss ETA 2892 or whatever is the Sellita equivalent. Which do you think is most likely? It can't be anything else.

The ad does not specify which Miyota movement, however given the case dimensions designed for the thin ST1812, a Miyota 9015 could theoretically be installed. A Miyota 8215 would be simply too fat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I had seen some reviews with pics on Taobao and the description on Taobao is also consistent with the ST1812, and there is no mention of Miyota there. By the way, its selling for ~350USD on Taobao, and is quite popular!

I wrote to the seller to make sure that the watch has the movement shown in the pics - but do not know if he even read it. I was prepared to open a dispute when i received the package, expecting a thick lump of a watch with an ugly 8215, but was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful watch which was sitting in the box. the packaging was also first class.

I liked it so much I have ordered another one with black dial. I am counting on that one also to have an ST1812.

Theoretically (and practically) one could put a Miyota 9015 in the same case without modification - just new hands will be needed to fit the Miyota. There is around 0.65mm space between the rotor and the rear crystal. the extra 0.3mm of 9015 will easily fit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.