WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you like "local color" along with photos of watches?

• No! If I want to look at pictures of cities or countryside, I'll go to a forum for those things!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a few pictures of my GL-240 this morning sitting outdoors on a bench a few blocks from my apartment. I posted those photos along with a few pics of the city taken at the same time.

I enjoy it when someone posts pics of their neighborhood, their backyard, their family's castle, the restaurant down the street, the dog, etc., along with great pictures of their G's. My question is how do the rest of you feel? Do you enjoy these little windows into the world of forum members? Or do you find they just get in the way?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Kronos,

I very much like to see the watch in it's environment. It is something I particularly like in your photo's and the reason I try to post pics of what I am doing in the "What are you wearing" thread. I enjoyed your GL-240 pics. Were you walking your dog?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I enjoy it when someone posts pics of their neighborhood, their backyard, their family's castle, the restaurant down the street, the dog, etc., along with great pictures of their G's. My question is how do the rest of you feel? Do you enjoy these little windows into the world of forum members? Or do you find they just get in the way?
|>

(And I expect a photo of Mariano Rivera wearing your yellow Raysman tomorrow.)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Kronos,

I very much like to see the watch in it's environment. It is something I particularly like in your photo's and the reason I try to post pics of what I am doing in the "What are you wearing" thread. I enjoyed your GL-240 pics. Were you walking your dog?

Cheers,

Sjors
Yes, I was! I walk my older daughter (who is now 8) to her school bus stop every morning and wait there with her until the bus comes. Many of those days, Winnie, our Maltese comes along for the walk.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
|>

(And I expect a photo of Mariano Rivera wearing your yellow Raysman tomorrow.)
Well, I'll see what I can do! At the very least, I'll try to take a pic or two of the Raysman in the old ballpark. I'm probably not nearly a good enough photographer to get both the Raysman and the stadium in focus at the same time, but I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
I love the idea! Nice to see a bit of the local backdrop in the shot! Girls in the shot would be a nice bonus too....:-!

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Ok, i'll try to get more pics with local background instead of just using my black camerabag. :)
Mate,I happen to like that camera bag...;-) Well, I guess I'd better stop relying on my house's front door for a lot of my wrist shot backgrounds...:-d

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I enjoy the pics. Sometimes I try to get them, mostly I just focus on the watch. We shall see...

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
I enjoy the pics. Sometimes I try to get them, mostly I just focus on the watch. We shall see...
The watch will always be the main focus, but it's nice to have a little distraction in the background sometimes. I for one like to pay attention to all the details...:)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Kronos - I like the idea of "local Colour" in the G-Shock pictures here. I am curious enough to want to know where the pics were taken and such...
Keep it up!
Jurphaas :-!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Sorry there no G's in the photo :-( It was hot hot hot in Dover Del. yesterday for Cup race. Here are a couple of shots anyway.....

Here is the lucky G that made the trip!!!!

Geode

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i like the holiday/local photo shots, because it makes it much more interesting and is an insight to people's lives/cultures/surroundings :-!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Sorry there no G's in the photo :-( It was hot hot hot in Dover Del. yesterday for Cup race. Here are a couple of shots anyway.....

Here is the lucky G that made the trip!!!!

Geode

FANTASTIC SHOTS Geode!!!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-! Thanks for sharing these with us.|>

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yep, pictures with a touch of the poster's side of the world adds more

colour and sincerity to me.:-! And absolutely fun too, when I get a

glimpse on what their everyday life,culture,etc... may be on their end.:)|>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts