WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did anyone see the new wave of items they put up yesterday?

I see... a bunch of cases for Geneves and a few unexceptional Seamasters and Devilles, all for cal. 552, 565, and 1012. There's also one or two old Seamaster 321 chrono cases.

Gee, I wonder how this came about? ;-)

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Gee, I wonder this came about? ;-)
I usually enjoy looking at watchco sales. (I picked up a spare inner bezel last year for my SM120 chronostop) I'm going to look tonight though it sounds dull. But I guess I missed something. why the wink?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually enjoy looking at watchco sales. (I picked up a spare inner bezel last year for my SM120 chronostop) I'm going to look tonight though it sounds dull. But I guess I missed something. why the wink?
I think it's clear that these poor, unexciting cases are the movement donors for their reconstructed SM300s, SHOMs, SM120s, and Speedmasters. The floor sweepings.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
ahah! dumb on me. floor sweepings is right. now-imagine if they offered a few date wheels from those old hummers? I guess those days are gone. I suppose the SHOM parts and 565s are going to 'new' SM300s and what? Baby ploprofs or re-cased SHOMS and Plops?

Even last year I saw an 1170 w endlinks up for auction. Price wasnt cheap but not too high either. But ebays not the same as it used to be-for sellers and buyers-that is for certain.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I think it's clear that these poor, unexciting cases are the movement donors for their reconstructed SM300s, SHOMs, SM120s, and Speedmasters. The floor sweepings.
Judging from the amount of empty cases and dials they have on sale right now, they must've made hundreds of these.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts