WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got back from a visit to London for work during which I found time to call into the G-Shock East, Neal Street store. Immediately upon entering I was visually assaulted by a Nigel Sylvester on display. It was going for £100 which I didn't think was too bad. Just the fact that they had them in stock was worth the visit. I immediately wrote that £100 off...

It turns out though that they are currently having a sale and also in the limited edition cabinet they had an In4mation 6900 and a DGK. I'd never seen a DGK in the flesh and was absolutley flabbergasted to see a 50% off tag on it. It was marked up at £150; could I really be seeing this right? A DGK for £75?

I'd never had the temptation to buy any watch bigger than a 6900 before now as I have very small wrists but for that price I asked to try it on. It did look big but not obscenely so. With my mind made up, I plumped for that instead of the Sylvester.

It turns out though that the display model was the last DGK they had, probably warranting the reduction. I wasn't bothered by this though as it was in pristine condition but the outer cardboard box was missing, the tin and manual were present.

Other notable models in the sale were;

GW-6900A-9ER - £110 - 50% = £55 (very tempted by this; before the DGK I didn't own a solar or atomic watch, still no atomic though)

G-9000-3VER - £85 - 50% =£42.50 (I've never wanted a mudman but at this price I can see myself getting one soon)

GA-100A-7AER - £100 - 35% = £65 (Easily resisted as I didn't want two big watches in one day)

MTG-1100-1ADR - £400 - 50% = £200 (I didn't realise just what a bargain this was until I got home and checked the normal price on them. My one regret of the visit was not getting this as an early Christmas present to myself)

I'm not back in London again until December so I doubt the sale will be on then but if it is then I'll get the MTG for sure.

All in all though I'm extremely surprised I didn't buy more than the DGK, I guess I'm not as hooked as I thought and there is hope for me yet. I'd recommend anyone in the London area to pay them a visit (possibly calling them first if you're going for a particular watch).

Purple Violet Watch Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Congrats. The DGK is a stunner, too bad I missed it...

Reactions: FrancisTesi

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
if I were you, I'd just wipe out my credit card and bought top 3 together with the dgk - don't wanna live a life with regrets and sleepless nights thinking of those G's that I miss buying with deep discount like that

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice purchase. I was up there last weekend and wasn't quite so reserved, I came out with 5 new pieces. Good times.

Reactions: DBlock72

·
Registered
165 Posts
you lucky thing i was there a day before and was only thinking how high the prices were compared to places like amazon etc, by the time i had read your post it was too late to go back . well done on bagging what you did at those prices.
i did got to the west store in the seven dials and regretably walked away from a cracking metallic blue gd-100 .im going back at christmas with some money so will see what they have for me then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts