WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, a few months ago I purchased a Sinn 556i. Simply, I love everything about it. A few days ago I attempted to purchase a 556a red special edition and due to a website snafu it fell through (it said it was in stock and it was not). I wanted to keep the 556i on the bracelet for a dressier “wear with anything” watch and the 556a on a canvas strap for an every day watch. Now I’m looking for a replacement and find myself torn between the regular 556a and a Damasko da38. I liked the pop of the colored seconds hand on the 556a red and that is also why I like the da38. I’m slightly concerned about the size difference between the two because I do like the size of the Sinn and am looking for insight. Pics for interest (not mine).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy the Damasko, you already have one Sinn.
That is definitely part of my thinking. I am however trying to remove that from my thought process because although it would be great to have a Damasko and a Sinn, I don’t want that to be the deciding factor. This watch buying/collecting stuff ain’t easy...

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I like the Damasko. I really dig the day date complication and I like the bracelet more too.
I also like the hands more. Especially the blue minute hand.
Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Go neo-green second hand (DA 36)!

Btw, the Damasko bracelet is a tank so do your homework before pulling the trigger.

Reactions: lps72pp

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
The Damasko can be customized, if you like red, order it with a red second hand! My choice, I have had both, is the Damasko. Both are great and you won't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Damasko DA36 and I’m loving it and as others have said since you already have another Sinn, the uniqueness of the Damasko can’t be beat.

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
Another vote for Damasko

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I own a Sinn 556i and a Damasko DA36. The hardened case of the Damasko is totally bullet proof, so if you're going to be rough on a watch, the Damasko is hard to beat. On the other hand, even though I like both watches, something about the Sinn has me wearing it 10X the amount I wear the Damasko....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I own a Sinn 556i and a Damasko DA36. The hardened case of the Damasko is totally bullet proof, so if you're going to be rough on a watch, the Damasko is hard to beat. On the other hand, even though I like both watches, something about the Sinn has me wearing it 10X the amount I wear the Damasko....
Yeah, I’m really struggling with this decision. Something about the matte case of the Damasko throws me off but I know that’s the price for its ruggedness. I’ve also started looking at the ds30 due to its slightly shinier finish, but it still offers a lot of protection. It’s almost too similar to the dial design of my 556i though.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Yeah, I’m really struggling with this decision. Something about the matte case of the Damasko throws me off but I know that’s the price for its ruggedness. I’ve also started looking at the ds30 due to its slightly shinier finish, but it still offers a lot of protection. It’s almost too similar to the dial design of my 556i though.

Good news is that it’s really hard to go wrong! You’re looking at great watches that deliver real value. The Sinn 556i (on bracelet) is sneaky in how it can dress up. I’ve worn mine with suits and been impressed. I don’t think Damasko gives you that.....

Anyway, good luck w your decision!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
873 Posts
If you're going to get another Sinn, check out their other offering for variety's sake like the Chronos (affordable listings on eBay)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts