WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently this is a Valjoux movement. Saw some potential references to the 7750, but from visual inspection, it didn't look to be the same.
Want to know if this is a good quality movement, one that is dependable.

504172965_o.jpg

Mike

·
Registered
18,175 Posts
I spent some time at Dr. Ranfft's archive and I too found nothing... hopefully others will know more. This is a moonphase isn't it??

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Chronograph, date and moonphase.
Because this Valjoux movement is 'finished' by Longines it will be a cut above. If it is in good
servicable condition then it will be dependable but with any vintage watch condition is everything.
From this single pic the movement looks good and unmolested but can't really tell much more

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Chronograph, date and moonphase.
Because this Valjoux movement is 'finished' by Longines it will be a cut above. If it is in good
servicable condition then it will be dependable but with any vintage watch condition is everything.
From this single pic the movement looks good and unmolested but can't really tell much more
Yes indeed, chrono, date, and moon. It's a fine looking watch, just wish I could get more info. on it.
Hard to determine if a watch is worth what's being asked.

Would be great to get an idea of production numbers and quality of the piece. Anyone know of a good place to get that info.?

Mike

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If you had the serial number, you could contact Longines directly.
But doesn't seem to be apparent in that pic.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Yes indeed, chrono, date, and moon. It's a fine looking watch, just wish I could get more info. on it.
Hard to determine if a watch is worth what's being asked.

Would be great to get an idea of production numbers and quality of the piece. Anyone know of a good place to get that info.?

Mike
Does it have a number on the case back, as this one27/100...
LONGINES | Meertz World of Time

Could be a limited edition.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it have a number on the case back, as this one27/100...
LONGINES | Meertz World of Time

Could be a limited edition.
Actually no, it's for sale on the bay, no limited edition number. I happened to have seen the one in the link you provided listed too and wondered what the story was behind the number. I'm assuming it's not a limited edition, maybe part of some special order?

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts