WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having caught the HAQ bug I have slowly been collecting some of the more affordable HAQ watches .
They are as follows
Longines VHP.
Bulova Moon watch
Certina DS2 COSC addition
Bulova Miitary watch
Certina DS Action

I reset all the watches on the 1st of January this year. They were all set to the same synced clock. As it’s time to change the clocks tomorrow it seemed like a good time to check the stats. All the watches have not been worn over the test period, and have been kept at a steady room temperature . On the DS Action I accidentally deleted one data point. But it has been running the sane amount of time as the others .I hope this is of some interest to some of you.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now studying the information . If I have my facts correct the watches should be accurate to the following SPY
Longines 8.7 spy
Certina DS2 1.3 spy
Bulova Moon watch 1 spy
Certina DS Action 18 spy
Bulova Military uhf 20 spy
Now I know these are subject to change. How do these compare with others with similar watches ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good effort! I'll let the old hands on here fire away with the analysis.

If all these are tucked away what watch are you wearing?

Also i only saw that Timefactors/Precista did an affordable HAQ diver recently, would love to see how that fairs *nudge nudge*

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I approach the four month mark since I BST and I started logging all the times. Here is a update. All the watches have been unworn and are stored in the same set of draws.
Given how warm is has been in the UK over the last few weeks is is not surprising there has been some changes.
My Bulova military watch is currently running 8.1 seconds fast. This is after 119 days
The Bulova Accutron 11 is running 9.9 seconds fast.
I have 2 Longiness VHPs one made last year in silver this is running at 2.6 seconds fast.
The other one which was made this year and is black is running 1.2 seconds slow .
This leave the most accurate one to last . I have one of the new COSC certina watches with 3 hands. This at this moment in time has not changed by any notable margin. Still running at 0 seconds change. This is also after 119 days.
At £380 a HAQ bargin.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Your DS Action seems to have comparable accuracy to my DS-8 (and it's better than my DS-2 chrono) so I believe the data on the Certina. Same goes for the Lunar Pilot (moon watch). None of my Bulovas are as accurate as your Lunar Pilot but of my Bulovas the L/P is the most accurate, well within 10 sec/yr.

In general your observations are pretty much like mine, the Certinas are not any better or worse than the Bulovas in terms of accuracy out of the box. Some will be spot on but there are plenty of them that won't come close to their claimed 10 sec/yr and it isn't temp compensation related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts