WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having difficulties deciding between these two watches. They're very similar but slightly different. Does anyone own or has anyone personally handled either of these two watches?

I would like to know what the pros and cons are between the two and why you purchased, or would purchase, one over the other.

Longines: Producing Swiss Watches Since 1832

L36874996 - Buy the Conquest Collection Watch On The Official Longines E-Shop

I do like applied numerals and indexes over painted ones but that can also depend on the styling of the watch. Lume is also important to me and I need to be able to read the watch in the dark when I wake up at 4:00 AM.

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm having difficulties deciding between these two watches. They're very similar but slightly different. Does anyone own or has anyone personally handled either of these two watches?

I would like to know what the pros and cons are between the two and why you purchased, or would purchase, one over the other.

Longines: Producing Swiss Watches Since 1832

L36874996 - Buy the Conquest Collection Watch On The Official Longines E-Shop

I do like applied numerals and indexes over painted ones but that can also depend on the styling of the watch. Lume is also important to me and I need to be able to read the watch in the dark when I wake up at 4:00 AM.

Thanks,

Mitch
Ok. If no one owns or has personally handled one of these how about some general comments/thoughts between the two based on pictures.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I haven't handled either one, but I love the blue faced GMT. It's high on my list.

Ok. If no one owns or has personally handled one of these how about some general comments/thoughts between the two based on pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive handled both. I definitely give my vote to the Conquest GMT

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I think the "Classic" is the more attractive watch, but the "Conquest" is the more functional one with the 24 hour ring on the outer periphery of the dial; you will be able to see the 24 hour time more readily if that's important to you. I'm not a fan of the blue dial though.

Good luck with your choice.

heb

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. I'm kind of leaning towards the Conquest also.

I've been trying to find a video review of the Conquest Classic but haven't turned up anything yet. There's several video reviews of the Conquest and I've viewed all of those.

·
Registered
423 Posts
there seems to be a huge lack of reviews and videos of contemporary longines watches as a whole. even the activity in this subforum severely lags behind that of others. which is funny considering that longines produces along the lines of 1 million pieces annually.

that said, i haven't handled either one of them, but the conquest GMT looks more attractive to me. also consider the longines 1938 GMT. that one is on my personal short list.

borrowed from wristreview.com

·
Registered
423 Posts
also, this one: the avigation oversized crown GMT (sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread, but wanted to alert you to these options if you weren't aware):

(image "borrowed" from ablogtowatch.com)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a HydroConquest and I love it. I wear it most days to the office and even to nice formal dinners. Also I'm and avid scuba diver so the watch goes with me which usually is around 120 feet below.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a HydroConquest and I love it. I wear it most days to the office and even to nice formal dinners. Also I'm and avid scuba diver so the watch goes with me which usually is around 120 feet below.
Thanks Tneal15. But I'm not really interested in the HydroConquest at this time. I already have a Diver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts