WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm looking to pick up a silver dial chrono and I've narrowed my choices down to these two Longines models, the 1954 and the 1951.

I like the vintage vibe, the dial layout and clean look of the 1951, but am a bit concerned about the hands (seem a bit a small), case shape and size, namely the long lugs.

If anyone had a chance to handle them both and would like to contribute with an opinion, I would really appreciate it.

All the best and Happy Holidays!

Catalin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the 1954 more. Altough I usually don't like busy dials, I like this one very much and it is my favourite Longines.
It was already on my buy list, but I have read that the 7750 is quite loud. For example, I had to remove the rotor on my ST25, I don't want it to be that loud.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1951 white dial. On the wrist 1951 case fit better than 1954. At least on mine ;-)
But 1954 panda dial is really attractive (black and in particular white dial are not sa good)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I like the white 1954 one, or better said the blue hands.
I don't know, maybe someday I will buy it, or some other 7750 watch, which I will need to have sooner or later in my collection.

Picture from Leroy Kaman:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts