WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These two watches to me both look fantastic but I've only seen the Oris at first hand. (Ted Baker. Merry hill has one).
I like the Oris because it has quite a low profile and only having 6.75 inch wrist I prefer that.
Having not seen the Longines - L3.674.4.50.0 I wonder if the 42 case might be a bit to big for my wrist if the watch wears big.

Also any thoughts on with is the better finished and detail
Many thanks in advance, iain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Rolex GMT Master II 16710
4,755 Posts
I owned the Longines Legend Diver as well as the Oris Maldives. The fit and finish of the LLD is superior to the Oris I owned. That particular model Oris had bracelet/strap limitations where as the LLD was a wonderful candidate for a gazillion personalities due to unlimited strap change possibilities. It worn true to size on my 7.5 inch wrist. I sold both in the end but would consider the LLD the favorite of the two.

·
Registered
Rolex GMT Master II 16710
4,755 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....that particular Oris bears no resemblance to my toolish former Maldives. That changes my perspective a tad but i believe the LLD is considered more of a classic since it is a self homage to the earlier diver by the company. The Oris looks cool but I think I prefer the LLD myself.

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
Cool looking Oris, but I think I'd go LLD. Saw one in person recently and I was really taken by it. However, I do think it's a bit overpriced (aren't all watches?) so look for a good discount or buy gently used.

EDIT - Okay, I just looked more closely at the Oris and it really does look nice. I think I'd be happy with either one, and would probably select on price.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
I like better the LLD, but I heard it wears large (have not seen either of these two watches in the flesh). It might be a big factor considering you have a 6.75 in wrist. You gotta try it in person.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
The Oris will fit you better. It's a very nice watch and does have a nice low profile. I tried it on two weeks ago at a get together. Longines is nice but wears much bigger.

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
I like better the LLD, but I heard it wears large (have not seen either of these two watches in the flesh). It might be a big factor considering you have a 6.75 in wrist. You gotta try it in person.
I've got 6.75" wrists and when I tried it on, I didn't find it too big. Of course, that's very subjective. The watch seems to sit fairly flush (not tall), but the lugs are long so there might be some overhang. My perception from the short time I tried it on was that it fit okay.

The Oris is rated to 100m and I think the LLD is rated deeper, but I'm sure either would serve you well in the pool or at the beach.

·
Premium Member
40,676 Posts
The LLD is likely to be too long in the lugs for a wrist under 7 inches.

If the LLD fits then that would get my vote, but you'd need to try it on.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Having owned the LLD and tried on the 65 a few times, I can tell you the overall finish on the LLD looks better. I really wanted to make a pair out of the two in my collection but just didnt feel the Oris at all. The crystal and dial work is very well done and looks super retro. But the casing, and overall look is a bit odd in person and while its an eye catcher for sure, it just doesn't have the sense of class the Longines evokes.

The only negative on the Longines as stated are the long lugs, but it didnt bother me too much.

·
Registered
7,711 Posts
I have a 6.75" wrist - but a flat one - and I own a LLD. It wears large on the wrist but not too large: it has good presence, and the lugs dont overhang my wrist or anything. However, if they released it in a 40mm, I'd definitely like it even more.

The Oris fits a little better - it is sized just right. I was really keen on getting one until i actually saw it in person. For some reason, it left me a little flat. The shiny black polish didnt really appeal as much.

I have decided to keep the LLD and take a pass on the Oris. However, if you like the looks of both better, the Oris wears "normally", while the LLD wears larger (although, as i said, not too large - dive watches ARE supposed to have wrist presence, after all!).

Hope this data point helps.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have a flat 6.75" wrist and I LOVE compressor-style watches, so the LLD is a work of art in my opinion. However, its 52mm lug-to-lug puts it out of my wheelhouse entirely as I've become increasingly focused on proportionality of what I wear in recent years. I did try it on at an AD. If it were 40mm and under 48mm L2L, I wouldn't need many other watches. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Luis6

·
Premium Member
71,255 Posts
I'm forever ranting about how nice Oris Divers are but I've not been able to warm to the 65 so the LLD is the leader in this particular contest.

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
I've got 6.75" wrists and when I tried it on, I didn't find it too big. Of course, that's very subjective. The watch seems to sit fairly flush (not tall), but the lugs are long so there might be some overhang. My perception from the short time I tried it on was that it fit okay.

The Oris is rated to 100m and I think the LLD is rated deeper, but I'm sure either would serve you well in the pool or at the beach.
Yes, I was talking about the lug to lug. Isn't it something like 51mm or so for the LLD? For my 6.75 wrist that is exactly the whole space available for a watch to sit on. Also it depends on personal preference. For me overhang is probably the biggest no-no as far as how a watch looks on my wrist. But I am sure many others are not as bothered as I am by that. Very subjective indeed. The only solution is trying one on.

Reactions: Luis6 and rfortson

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Here you have a couple of pics of the LLD in my 6,75 flat wrist. If you don´t have a flat one, the lugs will be too long.
It´s a beautiful watch, but wears bigger than all the other 42 mm in my collection. If you have any doubts, go for the Oris and be on the safe side!

IMG_6193.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The Oris yellow/black dial certainly gives it wrist presence, the Legend has a rich history, there both nice but I'm leaning toward the legend.
If you like the presence of the Oris, might want to take a look at the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Skin, like the Legend, it also has a rich history.

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
The LLD and 65 are two of the very few watches that make me reach for my wallet based on the look. I've owned the LLD but it doesn't fit right on my 6.5" wrist so i sold it. Now waiting for my local AD to get the 65 so i could try it on. Hopefully adding it to my watchbox soon.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I prefer the LLD. I'm a sucker for dual crowns plus I think it is all around a nicer watch. I fear that it may be too big on you as well. You're going to have to try it on if you have a local AD.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts