WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I was looking for an automatic diving watch for a while, and I finally set my heart on the new Longines HydroConquest Chronograph.

I was looking for a sporty and elegant watch. From my point of view, it corresponds to these criteria.

I invite you to explore this beauty in pictures |>

The box, superb lacquered wood and leather interior:
DSCN3556.JPG

The beast :-d - the dial is particularly clear:
DSCN3557.JPG

DSCN3561.JPG

DSCN3564.JPG

Button to change the date on the left side (not to be confused with a helium valve):
DSCN3565.JPG
DSCN3566.JPG

The screw-down crown and chrono pushers:
DSCN3567.JPG

The bracelet with the extension for diving. The stainless steel bracelet is very well finished:
DSCN3569.JPG

The screw back :
DSCN3570.JPG

The famous test of the wrist:
DSCN3572.JPG

That's it for the pictures.

Some additional info: This watch is powered by an automatic movement with column wheel L688, exclusively developed for Longines by ETA. I tested the power reserve, the 54 hours are met. Holding time is correct: 1 min after a month (the watch was worn non-stop).

It is a fairly heavy watch that yo can feel vibrating on the wrist but very comfortable.

The only disappointment concerns the lume at night: it is intense (if the watch has been illuminated by sunlight) but declines very quickly.

Anyway, I'm happy with this gift and to complete a short video.

Hope you enjoyed my first review (sorry for my english, i am french :-!)

Jay

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Excellent review. Loved the photgraphs !
Excellent video review as well....
&
An excellent First post....

Well done friend very well done indeed ! Welcome to WUS !

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
This is one of those watches that looks so much better when seen in person compared to pictures. It is on my shortlist.

Are the chrono pushers designed to be pressed under water? Have you tried it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the manuel, it is notre recommanded to press the chrono pushers underwater. So I didn't take that risk ;).

But I dived manu times with this watch at 20m and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Very nice, and the red bezel is a nice accent.

I'm always surprised at 'sport' watches with an all-polished finished, an I find the lack of quickset date interesting as well, but neither are detractors for me, I'd happily wear that one.

Nice grab.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
According to the manuel, it is notre recommanded to press the chrono pushers underwater. So I didn't take that risk ;).

But I dived manu times with this watch at 20m and it worked perfectly.
Thanks!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello Jay,

I'm looking at purchasing the HydroConquest Chrono as a basic diver (same as yours just different color combo). After some time now that you've had an opportunity to wear it, do you still recommend it? Anything I need to know before buying?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Beautiful and congrats, great review too!
however i have now realised that this was posted in 2014 and by now the OP most likely no longer has the watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jaycwb,

I am planning to buy one L3.696.4.03.6 blue bezel blue dial. Just trying to get your opinion on the watch. How is the thickness and heaviness. The 41mm is perfect for me, just afraid that it s to thick

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts