WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to take a difficult decision: Longines Hydroconquest L3.644.4.96.6 versus Omega Seamaster 300m Chrono Diver?
I like both of them and I am currently leaning towards Longines Hydroconquest L3.644.4.96.6, because it is half the price of Omega Seamaster 300m Chrono Diver; I want to buy a durable and quality diver's watch( with blue dial), that I could wear also everywhere - work, sport activities, parties...
I have three questions:
1.For me the only difference ( except the price) is that the Omega has Automatic-chronometer movement and the Longines has has only automatic movement( but not chronometer)- how important is this in terms of precision?
2.How about their DURABILITY?
3.And last, I live in US, how is the customer service of Longines versus Omega in US, in case there is a problem with these expensive watches?
Because I am completely new in the field of watches, I would appreciate your knowledgeable opinions.
Thank you very much for your time in helping me to buy a new watch .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Your comparing 2 watches on different levels. I own both a hydroconquest and smp....without question the omega is a Notch above in every way. However, the price differential makes a difference. As far as precision....chronometer is
Everything!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding precision, I can tell you that I own a Tag Heuer Grand Carrera ( a certified chronometer) and a Longines Spirit. Both watches have an eta 2892 based movement. The Longines is more precise than my Grand Carrera. In fact, I found the Longines only second to my Explorer II in terms of precision of my autos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your comparing 2 watches on different levels. I own both a hydroconquest and smp....without question the omega is a Notch above in every way. However, the price differential makes a difference. As far as precision....chronometer is
Everything!!
I own various Omega watches but only one Longines which is a Hydroconquest, the Longines is a quality watch and appears to be equal in quality of finish and timekeeping.
In what way is Omega a notch above Longines?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I own various Omega watches but only one Longines which is a Hydroconquest, the Longines is a quality watch and appears to be equal in quality of finish and timekeeping.
In what way is Omega a notch above Longines?

In my experience I feel my omega SMP is a cut above with regard to the overall finish..ie...bracelet design/comfort, crown function, etc...Additionally, the overall asthetics appeal to me more. With that being said, I love my 41mm white faced hydroconquest auto and would recommend it with great confidence!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Omega is definitely the better watch. Go and handle both and if you don't see a difference than get the hydro, if you go used you can get a really sweet SMP for around 1400 or so, one of the best watches in that price range. Omega IMO has a much better finish, bracelet, case, crystal, just overall better build. I will say that I like the looks of the hydro equally.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Omega, if you can get a decent price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts