WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got the Legend incomng :p. Given the low quality of the OEM strap, I want to give it a different look. My options are, light brown croc strap or a tan vintage/distressed leather (e.g. Horween Shell Cordovan Straps) with a deployant.

Which one do you think suits the Legend better? Please feel free to reccomend other options or sources for a strap.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I vote for black croc....

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yeah, I'm not much of a brown strap/black face kind of guy. I wear my Legend on either a Tropic (nice vintage look) or a Nato strap (black or Bond). You can get the Tropic from Modena straps (22mm), and the Nato's, well, anywhere.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I wear mine on a NAto most of the time. I've seen pictures of it on mesh and that looks great. I'm not a fan of croc at all...that's just me though.:-x

Chris

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Low quality? I never thought that. Even so, I have put mine on a variety of straps. I like straps that can get wet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Suddha - very practical options. :-!

My main issue with the OEM strap is that it squeaks when moved/adjusted (perhaps b/c it's brand new?). Otherwise not bad, but I'd prefer 4mm+ in thickness.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey guys,

I've got the Legend incomng :p. Given the low quality of the OEM strap, I want to give it a different look. My options are, light brown croc strap or a tan vintage/distressed leather (e.g. Horween Shell Cordovan Straps) with a deployant.

Which one do you think suits the Legend better? Please feel free to reccomend other options or sources for a strap.

Assumimg it will be mounted on the timepiece for use only in desk dive mode, take a look at Stone Creek Straps, SavageStraps, or Heroic 18, just to name a couple or three. Their products are most excellent quality and will enhance any timepiece. I like them because they add a touch of custom style to your timepiece. Good Luck!!:-!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wish to revive this thread as I've also joined the Club LLD too. Woo hooo... will post pics soon but now here's the Question. Does anyone try putting on a Mesh bracelet such as Omega, Jurgens, Staib or Lonestars on a LLD ? Does mesh bracelet look good on Legend Diver ;-)?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well, my vote goes for either a Zulu or a Gasbones strap. If you want to go high-end, you should contact Shane Delaurian for one of his masterpiece straps. No one is better than him (I have no professional connection to him).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been looking for one of these for some time and randomly came across them the other day:

http://www.strapcode.com/store/nato...8.html?osCsid=2e2221084c006af1eaa527abee88c39

Here is a pic (from a user of this forum IIRC) with a smaller width strap (that would annoy me!) just to show how good it looks as the khaki/beige really matches the indices on the dial.

I ordered one a week or so ago and i think they tried to deliver it on Friday - got the inevitable red slip and was inevitably turned away by the Post Orifice yesterday because it 'wasn't back yet' :roll:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Great shots everyone.

How come we're talking 22 mm ?? isn't that a 20 mm one ??

Brown croc looks great IMHO,but I have to say that the original strap to me is the best so far. And very hard to replace I guess. The only one that can barely look like it would be a carbon look with white stitching. Still...it would be a lot thicker than the original one.

Maybe I should just oreder an original one from my AD...:think:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Read my post again carefully - the one shown is smaller, as an example - but I was pointing out that I had found some actual 22mm ones.

Cheers
ped

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Read my post again carefully - the one shown is smaller, as an example - but I was pointing out that I had found some actual 22mm ones.

Cheers
ped
Great Huntdown Hiscocks ! Gettocards, try clicking the URL link on Hiscock's previous post n u will see the similar 22mm Nato:thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cheers - should be picking mine up today but going to be bogged down at work until later so will have to wait until tomorrow - then I will get some shots up for everyone!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I can't remember who, but someone posted a pic of the LLD on a timefactors sand coloured canvas strap that I thought looked dy-no-mite.

I am eagerly awaiting my LLD in the mail...it's driving me a little nuts I must admit.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts