WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is my first post, be kind. ;-)

I'm considering a Conquest Classic which is fairly new. I'm having a hard time finding information, but I think I did well. For sure I know that it has a slightly domed Crystal and considering the movement it has a modified 2892/A2 which Longines calls L619.2 with geneva stripes and perlage.

I know that the movement is nothing special but it's a step up from my other watches. I am trying to find out more.

So, is there anyone who can tell me what exactly it is Longines does to the movements to be called different?
Furthermore, what (comparable) grade is the L619.2 in the Conquest Classic?
And last, what is your experience with (modern) Longines accuracy?

Thank you for your time. If I come up with any of the answers I will post this.

Cheers,
Ize

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi!

My Longines Spirit uses L619.2. The accuracy is -1 sec/ day. Very consistent.
I asked Longines about the grade and they answered that all their L619.2 were elaborated grade.

P.S.: I don't believe Longines makes any modification to the movement. But I am not sure.

Regards,
Hristo

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Longines currently uses ETA movements off the shelf. The only exception I'm aware off is the Column Wheel Chronograph movements which is exclusively made for them by ETA.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your thoughts! I am fully aware that there's not much done to the movements but I am curious how the movements get renamed. To my knowledge there aren't any other Swatch group brands who do this (Tissot, Certina, Hamilton). So as I understand they just order elabore movements and put another rotor on them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, I just checked Tissot's website and found out that they do indeed rename their movements as well. After some research I have personally found very few brands that make "actual" customizations to thei movements across the board. ETA (and probably other movement makers) offers a huge variety of customization choices off the shelf, this, however, does not mean that the brands themselves spend time, effort and research into improving the movements.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little update.

I got the Conquest classic. Gorgeous watch and almost everything I expected. The split pins in the bracelet instead of screwed pins were a bit of a let down but not so much. The most amazing thing is it's accuracy! I got the watch thursday morning and I synced it to my atomic G-shock. Checked it everyday in the morning and evening and just today - four days later - it gained only about 0.5 second!!

Someone did a great job adjusting the movement. :)

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
Little update.

I got the Conquest classic. Gorgeous watch and almost everything I expected. The split pins in the bracelet instead of screwed pins were a bit of a let down but not so much. The most amazing thing is it's accuracy! I got the watch thursday morning and I synced it to my atomic G-shock. Checked it everyday in the morning and evening and just today - four days later - it gained only about 0.5 second!!

Someone did a great job adjusting the movement. :)
The ETA 2892-A2 is one of the best mechanical movements ever made. And it is mass produced. Great design and genius production.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts