WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an annoying query, as I have no other details to give (and I hope this isn't contrary to valuations guidelines).

I was at a local thrift store yesterday, and they have a Longines mens watch, probably from the late '50s/early '60s with a sub second hand. It seems to be in nice shape, and on winding it briefly it started right up.

The price tag was $39 - is this too much to pay on a whim? I know that Longines are a good maker, but they've never struck me as truly high end.

Thanks for any feedback,

Cheers,

Jim

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
The price tag was $39 - is this too much to pay on a whim? I know that Longines are a good maker, but they've never struck me as truly high end.
They were one of the best back then. If you like it, buy it. If not, PM me a picture and maybe I'll buy it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
They were one of the best back then. If you like it, buy it. If not, PM me a picture and maybe I'll buy it.
Or maybe me... b-)
Longines is definetely high end. At that price You can hardly make a mistake, unless it is a fake or a complete wreck. There are later Longines with ETA-movements (which are also good), but this likely has a Longines movement. Show it, once You've got it, please!
Olof

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
ANY working Longines is worth $39!!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
39 bones is actually an excellent amount to spend on a whim. Go back, buy it if it looks to be real, and post it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind.

I went back to Value Village yesterday after posting, and it was gone - there are obviously wiser people than me shopping in thrift stores.:roll:

Oh well - the next time it will be a Zenith Sporto for $25, and I just won't hesitate.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts