WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. i want to buy a watch for a gift and i've done some browsing and research. hesitating between 3 right now, so any input would be greatly appreciated!
1. Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 8 GMT automatic
2. Baume & Mercier Clifton 10100
3. Longines Conquest L2.743.4.56.6

I really like how the Longines looks, unfortunately it doesn't seem that there's an official authorized retailer for Longines in Toronto, and not sure if i should even consider buying one at 'another' retailer.

Help please! thank you!

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Welcome!

Some pics

Very different watches. All of decent quality I'm sure. I think the tag looks a bit confused design-wise. The Clifton is the cleanest, but chronographs will always be busier. Depends what you're after really.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you go greymarket, you can get the longines from Jomashop for $2475 USD. However, you'll have to pay quite a bit of money for customs.
Search on google: Longines Conquest Chronograph Black Dial Stainless Steel Mens Watch L27434566
I recently purchased a $1100 dollar watch from jomashop and paid around $180 for customs

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't own one yet, but I'm a big fan of Longines and find that their designs are very classy without being boring. Also I feel they're better value for money than either of the other two.
Im very surprised there isn't an AD in a city the size of Toronto. I live in Northern England and there's at least six within 20 miles of me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Voting for TAG! :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Vote for Longines. Check here first. Good folks and they will deal.

JARDINE JEWELLERS
2300 Yonge St
Yonge Eglinton Centre
M4P 1E4 TORONTO
ON

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Longines.....If they don't have it, they certainly know where to get it.

·
Premium Member
61,618 Posts
Go for the Longines - if your nearest AD doesn't have the watch in stock they can surely get it for you of know where to get one.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Wow, that longines is the bomb. Hmmm, I gotta go check it out. Anyway, that is the one I'd go for, just get one on line who cares if the AD doesn't carry it. Maybe he will after he sees that one in person.

·
Registered
466 Posts
None. What's your budget? If there's a Zenith within reach (which judging by grey market prices there probably is) I would go for that.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Longines for sure

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Longines. Tag is overrated.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
To go against the WUS grain, I think the Tag is tbe best looking watch of the three that you posted, followed by the B&M.

·
Registered
29,160 Posts
Either would be nice, but based on previous and current ownership of both brands, I would go for the Longines as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts