WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Haven't owned one but like the look of the Spirit. There were some pics posted on this site that looked a lot better than th pics on the web. What I read is relatively positive.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I own a MasterChronohraph

I am VERY happy with the watch. The brand has a long history, with one of the first timers for the Olympics. The quality for the price in my opinion is unmatched. I highly suggest checking them out. My master chronograph is beautiful on the wrist at a large 44mm. Check em out on wiki, the history is pretty amazing. By the way, I purchased my watch on the forums here for a modest $1,000.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was checking out some of their watches. What do you think of them?

What collection were you checking out? I own a Master Collection Power Reserve. The brand has a nice history, the watches are well made, they look much better in person than in any photo you will ever see and definately worth the money. Thankfully, their prices aren't outrageous for the product. They don't get much play on most watch forums, but very few have ever had anything bad to say about them. Most also agree that their newer designs are attracting more attention than they've had for a little while.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Good quality watches.
Lower midrange, but still very good vale for your money. Some very exiting retro styled pieces are being made now by Longines.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
My 1950 Longines sub seconds was my first watch purchase over $100. when i was 18 (5 years ago) . Weird how the young lads like Longines? I sometimes consider it the "Buick or Oldsmobile" of high end watches.

but i love it. runs like a top still.

Guys, any opinions on it? |>/<| ?

Attachments

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
|> !
The Volvo of watches!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I Was thinking of getting the flagship

http://www.thetimezone.com/Longines-Watches/L47744126.html

Worth 1125 bucks?
I have it on a black strap. Great value, has a 2892 and is very thin considering its price and the display back. Check out the Chrono version with a 2894, it's only 11-12mm thick for a chrono display back. I also have an Evidenza tonneau.

Just be advised that the Flagship is pretty small at 36mm. If I were buying one today, I'd buy Master Collection Complications, or go for a Clous de Paris model (same price as Master Collection but you get applied markers!)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was thinking just the opposite. On that bracelet its looks like a geezer watch to me. Plus its waaaay to small.
I agree, as far as the longines collection goes, that it probably the oldest looking. Check out the clous de paris, or the master collection. They are both much younger and cooler looking in my opinion.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love their Master Collection moon phase
Me too, I think they make some of the best looking dress watches.

- HenryLouis: Go to their website and order a catalog. It's free, very nice, and much easier to drool over than their website (which kinda sucks).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts