WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my last load of crap ... er uhhh .. I mean treasure ...

Look at the silverode case laying there .... and look at the 18s Elgin movement laying to the right of it.

That's bigger than the auto clocks that are usually billed as 37s.

JDT

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,431 Posts
Well, the largest pocket watch movements are ca. 22''' which equates to 50mm. Zenith have recently used their Cal. 5011K to make a huge pilot's wrist watch (Montre d'Aeroneuf Typ 20 - see posts on Basel) so imagine that one of yours on your wrist.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
These large cases usually had 8 day movements inside.
It's debatable whether they are large pocket watches or small clocks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there's a movement in this lot.....if you look to the right hand side of this picture, there's a biggie there. Then, on top of the first cigar box ... is a great big dial. This is going to be a fun lot. There are 2 keywind cases, 2 complete pendannt set 18s silverode cases .... well, you can see. There are 18s movements by NY Standard, Elgin, and Hampden....and the one in the shipping tin is either an Illinois or a Hamilton in a 16s. I should be able to complete several projects with this lot.

I had the seller package the loose hands separately and securely, and kicked him 5 dollars extra to NOT send it through the UPS crusher. It's enroute via priority mail, and should arrive here on monday.

What do you see that I don't see?

JDT

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a "Roskopf" ...... and is basically all there (I think). There's a tooth missing from the click wheel however, and some solder "butchery" on the first finger bridge. It's pictured next to an 18s Hampden .... which has a 45 mm dial. I'm thinking this is more than 50mm. I still have not located my caliper.

JDT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts