WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow watch-fanatics,

After wearing my Seiko Premier perpetual for over 7 years now i'm ready to look for a new love in my life.
After being overwelmd by all the models i have narrowd it down to a classic design with a chronograph. With a budget ~10k i'm hoping you could help me a little.
So far i like te design of the

Zenith captain series
Breitling transocean GMT
JLC master control

kind regards.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hard to beat the JLC Master Control or Master Compressor Chronos. I would also suggest you look at the Breguet Type XX Chrono (two versions: Aeronavale or Transatlantique).

-Troy

·
Premium Member
7,966 Posts
More off the beaten path (so maybe a bad choice as a first mechanical) I really like these Montblanc Nicolas Riussec models with their new in house movements. They're GMT chronos, I don't think I'd get them in your shoes (currently leaning toward a Navitimer myself), but if you're looking for something different :

20140621_113413 ACR Conv.jpg

On another note, I think it might be good for you to get a cheaper mechanical chrono, to make sure you like the things that it will have different than your current watch - i.e. you'll have to set the date, you'll need to wind it (either wearing it frequently for an auto, or manually for a manual wind), it won't be as accurate so will need to be set, you'll have to service it every few years for a few hundred dollars, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts