WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usual storyline. Fuzzy pictures and an even more incredible story from the seller.

The seller's father worked for Saudi Airlines during the 60/70s. Upon retirement in 1974 the airline presented the father this Omega Flightmaster for years of service.

The father wore it a couple of times and stuck it away in his sock drawer.

Fast-forward 34 years and the father passes away. The son remembers the "old" watch in the sock drawer. The son pulls it out and lists it on the bay with fuzzy pics but a good story.

I negotiate a price with the seller and an Omega Flightmaster is on the way to me.

You can imagine my excitement when I crack the box and find this inside.

The Omega mesh was installed once I received it. The Omega came on a new Flightmaster bracelet.

Basically a "NEW" Omega Flightmaster:

I think my search for the Flightmaster is finished.

·
Registered
114 Posts
now your talking...fantastic looking watch..great to hear a good story the bay...enjoy.. dose he have another?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Nice find. Here is mine, in the same kind of condition. A bit of a dilemma, as it is all original and I'd feel bad if I changed anything on it. It does need a service though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Neil´s being picky again ;-)
It really is in an outstanding condition comparing it to the usual crap they sell on the bay. :-d

·
Registered
479 Posts
....I am very jealous right now and I think you set a spark here, to a fire I thought was long cold. I always had a kind of a call to a flighty 910...b-)

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Those kinda stories are getting too few and far between. glad to see Omegas most beautiful watch go to a deserving owner.

Great find! :-! Wear it well!

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These Flightmaster cases are nick grabbers for sure. The case is so big it's almost impossible to keep the case new. There is a nick at the 11 and 6 o'clock postions but unseen from the naked eye. Macri pics and loupes will pick them up.

These nicks happened after a few days of wear.

There are a lot of watches coming out of sock drawers that are pristine. Folks need to sell these watches to smooth out the bad economy. The seller's may or may not know what they have. Just that they need the cash.

So keep your eyes open as great deals are to be had...:-!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Wow! Great catch. Big congrats.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Now that looks like it came out of a time capsule, what a beauty! Big congrats, man!:-!:-!:-! Must have felt like winning the lottery?

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a pic of the usual condition of those Flightmaster for sale on the bay. .I should send mine off to Bienne for restoration...:-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts