WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was the festival of Diwali last week. The ladies wear their finest ornaments & jewelery. While going through the safe with my father to get out all the shiny stuff I came across this....

My father's Indian Air force Issue HMT watch. It was promptly confiscated by yours truly :)

Nothing spectacular... but tremendous sentimental value.
It needs a COA & new crown.

Kind regards

Aditya

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You mite want to post another post in the pilot and military forum they have been going crazy over these HMT's watches from India from what I read in other post they are still making watches today.Like the pilot.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
You are absolutely right, Aditya, nothing spectacular and no monetary value!

Wanna sell????

I am joking, a great find!
The movement looks the same as made today.
Nice cushion shaped case.

Post in PilMil please!

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Great find!

None of my relatives that served in the armed forces kept their watches... when they got out they usually wanted to forget the experience.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mite want to post another post in the pilot and military forum.
Will do.

Wanna sell????

I am joking, a great find!
The movement looks the same as made today.
Nice cushion shaped case.

Post in PilMil please!
I might leave it to you in my will :-d
My father said it was issued because it had a 'stopwatch'. Apparently they had to time some of their maneuvers accurately. I think what he means is that it has hacking seconds.

Great find!

None of my relatives that served in the armed forces kept their watches... when they got out they usually wanted to forget the experience.
My Dad served for 22 years and is quite proud of his service. His living room is full or memorabilia and pictures from his airforce days. What I would really like is to find a period picture of him wearing this watch.

Cheers
Aditya

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
My Dad served for 22 years and is quite proud of his service. His living room is full or memorabilia and pictures from his airforce days. What I would really like is to find a period picture of him wearing this watch.
Dad obviously wasn't drafted :-d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts