WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally, the Tuna Can is here. Without further ado, here's the watch...please excuse my sh*tty photo skills.

The dial is sensational. Just superb white markers in daylight that gives way to an greenish glow under charge. Under an intense halogen light, the date numbers and weekday indicator look like metal blocks, set against a soft, impeccably black background.

I'm blown away by this piece. Why I never got one sooner is beyond me, because its an amazingly well finished piece, on par with any of my Omega's and at least 3 times cheaper. The bezel is beautifully finished with a 120 click action thats like butter to use. The seconds hand is right on the money, too. The size is also surprising. Its not as big as I thought it would be and its dwarfed by the 'Zilla, both in height and diameter.

Whats also interesting is that the Tuna and the 6009 share the same movement, the 7C46. There's almost 20 years between the two watches, yet this movement soldiers on in these awesome tool watches. So, here's the two together...

And finally, a wrist shot..

Thanks for looking.

Alex;-)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Congrats, Alex! And great pics! :-!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Great pick up mate!! The shot of the two of them together shows the DNA in the model line perfectly.

Have to ask though, does the other half not worry when you keep disappearing to the bathroom with your watches...:-x

Cheers
Dale

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Awesome, I love mine.

enjoy.

That looks like it has a 1 piece bezel, it does have an insert does'nt it?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Great Pick up!!!
Wear it in great health!

In honor of your new arrival, I will wear mine tonight! :-d
Al

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ken!

Doesn't appear to be an insert, more like a single piece of steel, with engraved and painted numbers and markers. I could be wrong, but either way, a stunning piece of kit.

Alex;-)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Al. Now I know why a fair few of you guys own this watch. Simply awesome!

Alex;-)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Nice one Alex!!... That is suweet mate, cannot go wrong with that piece, its a great watch, now stop taking photos and get out of the bathroom before your wife get suspicious:-d.
Congrats wear it to the MAX.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wife??!!! I must have missed the mother of all stag weekends...;-)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Fabulous watch, Alex.|> Mine is my daily beater. Tough as nails, all-tool diver. No better value out there IMHO. Two fantastic Seikos in one day. Enjoy!:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks Ken!

Doesn't appear to be an insert, more like a single piece of steel, with engraved and painted numbers and markers. I could be wrong, but either way, a stunning piece of kit.

Alex;-)
Great tuna catch! It's in my list. Btw, AFAIK the tuna has an insert. Usual mod from other owners is the black bezel insert.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts