WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lookie...Stuhrling and Larry Megan have popped up again

You can't keep a good song and dance man down.

I just received a lavish Sturhling email alert today. QVC will carry their full line starting January, and have asked Stuhrling to participate in a special "gift" show this Wednesday night at midnight. I think most of us receive QVC in our homes.

Get ready for a new round of inappropriate on-air ethnic jokes...

Here is the eNewsletter, copied and pasted. Great bathroom reading...

TOMORROW NIGHT!!!
After many months of*negotiation and hard work, we have finally cleared the way for our first ever appearance on the king of all home-shopping networks...QVC!* We're moving to QVC in the first quarter of 2007!**This is very exciting news for all of us here at Stührling Original and we are gearing up for our January show.**However, prior to the big show in January, we are participating in QVC's big Christamas Special Season of Great Gifts!**

For our debut airings*we*have chosen two of our*most popualr timepieces in our history!* The Delphi & The Traveler.* You will not want to miss these offerings.* The introductory prices from*QVC are*the lowest prices that these timepieces have ever been available for, anywhere anytime....ever!*
Tomorrow night, Wednesday December 13th at MIDNIGHT (Eastern Time), we will be showing both of these all-time winners as*promotional leaders with QVC as part of their Christmas Season Gift Item Specials!*

The GREAT GIFTS SHOW with*Dan Wheeler airs from midnight until 2:00 A.M. (EST), and within*Dan's two hour show, we will be featuring The Delphi Skeleton*Mechanical Automatic watch & The Traveler, a world timer that tracks the time in the 24 major time*zones simultaneously!**

If you are a fan of our timepieces, we hope that you will take advantage of this special opportunity on QVC.* We are*confident that*the QVC audience will respond favorably to these two spectacular Christmas Specials.* *But, I also would like to see our most beloved friends of the Stührling Original family be there to take advantage of this historical opportunity!*

If I knew what the*"on-air" price*was going to be,*I would*state it here and now.* However, we*have been told that we won't*know until the day of airing.* Of course, we do know the prices that we sold them to QVC*for, and we do know that*QVC works on very tight margins, so we can say*that the on-air prices will be an*all time*low.* So if you are looking for a new Stührling Original timepiece, or if you already own these two and you need a nice gift*for a loved one,*then please visit the show.

On Thursday, following the show, drop me an email ([email protected]) and let me know what you thought of the presentations*and what you were able to pick up.*

For more information please visit our news section** http://www.stuhrling.com/news.cfm

Stay tuned for more information concerning our full hour long show packed with special values coming in January on QVC.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
What is everyone's opinions on Stuhrling? I don't know anything about them. They do seem to have some nice styles, but what about the quality?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I purchased two Stuhrlings. The first one was an automatic with the Lexus movement - the rotor failed but it could still be wound by hand. The second arrived with a dead battery - replaced it and about a month later, the dial disengaged from the case. Both of these were purchased at low prices from SNBC as gifts to be given at a later date - so the return date was expired before I had a chance to do anything with them and the warranty hassle was not worth my time to pursue it, so I am not a fan of Stuhrling. I have seen "high end" models that are probably better.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I ran across a Sturling Skeleton Automatic at TJ Maxx while on a Hamilton Khaki recon mission. It was marked down from 180 to 100 dollars. ..its still there 2 months later....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came across the pannie style case with locking crown guard, and infamous elephant strap for $160.00.

I actually have several including Swiss Made, Swiss Mvmt, and Lexus Autos models. I love the styling and lucky for me, I have had no problems.

I ran across a Sturling Skeleton Automatic at TJ Maxx while on a Hamilton Khaki recon mission. It was marked down from 180 to 100 dollars. It felt very lightweight and cheap IMO, so I passed it up.........its still there 2 months later....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Lookie...Stuhrling and Larry Megan have popped up again

Hello Fellas.

Listen, I appreciate the publicity here....I really do. And as they say, "say whatever you want about me (and us), but please...at least spell my name right."

I realize that not everyone here has had a perfect experience with Stührling watches, but we have come a long way. There is not one single manufactory in the Far East that can come close to our quality. At least other than ETA & Ronda that is. Seriously, our manufactory is Swiss owned with our partner (Claro Watch Company in Biel-Bienne, Switzerland). I think a lot of people bought into the brand in the beginning when the processes were not in place and we have fully developed our own manufactory since then.

We are buying some of the finest quartz movements in the industry. We have five different Startech 5000 Series movements now from Ronda in our repertoire.

Anyway, thanks for the pub....but I have to say, that I reject your assertion that anyone should get ready for "inappropriate ethnic jokes."

I detest ethnic jokes....its not my style nor my taste. I have no idea what you mean by that?

Peace, Love & All Good Things,
Larry Magen

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Wow, assummingng that was Larry himself anyway, I have a few Stuhrlings myself and so far all are great.:-! if you need picture I can furnish those as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
What is everyone's opinions on Stuhrling? I don't know anything about them. They do seem to have some nice styles, but what about the quality?
I bought this watch from them almost 2 years ago. I was impressed with the fit and finish, but the real surprise came from the Customer Service I received. The locking crown guard broke. According to the warranty card only the movement was under warranty. The watch was useless without the crown guard so I had to get it fixed. Larry himself talked to me on the phone. He said don't worry about the warranty (it was about 1 month old) we'll take care of it. I sent the watch in, they fixed it, then they promptly returned it. I think it cost me about $8 altogether. Unlike Invicta I didn't have to pay $20 shipping and handling, Stuhrling paid to have it returned to me. It was a really awesome experience. IMO, they did a good job of endearing themselves to me.

I came across the pannie style case with locking crown guard, and infamous elephant strap for $160.00.
Holy moly I paid over $300 for mine on ShopNBC when they first came out. :( I knew I paid too much when I bought but I loved it so much I didn't care.

Larry, if that is indeed you, thanks for the excellent CS when I needed it. Glad you are back on TV. I always thought you were quite funny on the ShopNBC shows. I have no idea what the other guy was talking about so don't sweat it.

p.s If you ever feel like telling us what happened with you and ShopNBC, we're all ears. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts