WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at this omega for about a week or more now I’m not sure if the hands are original to this watch and I’m not sure what the grime that is between the lugs are or around the back of the case. Is this somthing I should get if I can work with the shop owner on a good price or is it to much of a dog to get.

Cal 564.

Refance 168.017

Attachments

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
That is what is called wrist cheese. A not so subtle reminder of the former owner of the watch.

Yes it comes off with a little rubbing.

I tend to put those in my ultrasonic cleaner to clean it. I remove the movement and crystal and put it in for a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Most likely those hands are replacements, should be stick, not Dauphine.
And also the lume near the hour index markers is missing too

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In regards to the hands I had a feeling they were the wrong ones figured I would ask before I pulled the trigger. So at this point it seems that this one is to much of a dog with things that just don’t seem right. I should probably pass

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
In regards to the hands I had a feeling they were the wrong ones figured I would ask before I pulled the trigger. So at this point it seems that this one is to much of a dog with things that just don’t seem right. I should probably pass
Yes, you should because too much hassle and not in excellent condition

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is it the 24/26 minute markers or is the 5 o’clock index skewed? If the indexes where removed that could explain the missing lume dots.

Mike

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Did they all have lume dots? some I see do and some I see don’t. Like this one I saw a couple months ago didn’t have lume dots.would this one have been a better choice
Some didn't have lume and some did, this one has a linen dial.But what important is the movement condition which has to be excellent.

Reactions: Dan S

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did they all have lume dots? some I see do and some I see don’t. Like this one I saw a couple months ago didn’t have lume dots.would this one have been a better choice
Some didn't have lume and some did, this one has a linen dial.But what important is the movement condition which has to be excellent.

This one might still be up for grabs if it is do you think it looks correct. I might go back and see if they still have it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts