WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the urge to try and find an analog/ digital with a negative LCD in a specific theme. Id like to have something as similar to the chronometer in my work plane (a GMT4190-020 seen below).

GMT4190-020-2S.jpg

23_09_2011_4_1.jpg

The obvious choice is a Breitling Aerospace, which actually is exactly what Im looking for, but I just don't have the $2000 to spend on one. Nor is it something I really want to invest a lot into. Im looking to spend up to $400-500. Its pretty much just going to be a novelty watch that will be rarely worn.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I own one ana-digi and have previously owned one more...

I can't promise they'll be what you're looking for, but here we go:

My been and gone is the Momentum Format 4: (I sent it back as the buttons were faulty on mine, and I just got a refund as I'd preordered a couple of other watches)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422043004.875569.jpg

And the one I still own is the Ocean7 LM2-AD...I like the vintage yet modern look

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422043183.757485.jpg

Stock pic showing off the digi display better with backlight activated-

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422043293.817446.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That Format 4 looks like a great aerospace homage! Are the LCD's pixelated instead of bars? Does the LCD pop well? Thats the big thing I like about the GMT4190, is that the LCD's are so crisp and well defined.

·
Registered
36,304 Posts
Momentum Format 4 titanium, 100 hours stopwatch, 24 hours CDT

http://www.momentumwatch.com/media/specifications/Format4_SpecSheet.pdf

http://www.momentumwatch.com/media/instructions/Format4_Instructions.pdf

Momentum Format 4 Titanium Review - Authentic Watch Reviews | Watch Report | WatchReport.com

St. Moritz should pay me for this......no, they don't. It is a great watch I own, an homage to the Beitling Aerospace that is in 2 ways better....sweep second hand and button controlled digital instead of crown controlled.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Momentum Format 4 titanium, 100 hours stopwatch, 24 hours CDT

http://www.momentumwatch.com/media/specifications/Format4_SpecSheet.pdf

http://www.momentumwatch.com/media/instructions/Format4_Instructions.pdf

Momentum Format 4 Titanium Review - Authentic Watch Reviews | Watch Report | WatchReport.com

St. Moritz should pay me for this......no, they don't. It is a great watch I own, an homage to the Beitling Aerospace that is in 2 ways better....sweep second hand and button controlled digital instead of crown controlled.
That watch looks familiar!

·
Registered
36,304 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That Format 4 looks like a great aerospace homage! Are the LCD's pixelated instead of bars? Does the LCD pop well? Thats the big thing I like about the GMT4190, is that the LCD's are so crisp and well defined.
The LCDs are pixelated yes and I think you can set the contrast level also. I can't remember quite how well the LCD stood out...I hope someone who still owns one can chime in, or post some real life pics.

Edit-I now see there's a few posted already...sorry

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Hamilton Flight Timer, developed in collaboration with Air Zermatt. Ashford had them at ~$400 last week, down from $1445. They might still be available.

Anti-reflective sapphire, 20-flight logbook, two digital timezones, UTC time, alarm, chronograph, countdown, flight time recorder, ISA temperature display and perpetual calendar.

Reactions: solo-act

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
There is a nice Hammy ani-digi in the sale forum like the one above. That would be my pick ... or I'd save for the Bell & Ross. There is a great one in the sale forum for 1800.

·
Registered
26,410 Posts
I have the urge to try and find an analog/ digital with a negative LCD in a specific theme. Id like to have something as similar to the chronometer in my work plane (a GMT4190-020 seen below).

View attachment 2713617

View attachment 2713641

The obvious choice is a Breitling Aerospace, which actually is exactly what Im looking for, but I just don't have the $2000 to spend on one. Nor is it something I really want to invest a lot into. Im looking to spend up to $400-500. Its pretty much just going to be a novelty watch that will be rarely worn.
Looking at your pictures, it makes me think about this INFANTRY :

Infantry Montre Quartz Homme Caoutchouc Chrono Cadran Lumineux Noir Digital NEW | eBay

And for the Aerospace homage :

Infantry Montre Quartz Homme Chrono Alarme Date Jour Digital Analogique Neuf | eBay

I don't own one of those, so I can't vouch about their quality, but for the price, they seem OK :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those infantry watches look like the ticket. Looking around they seem to be around $25. While that makes me question quality, buying one seems to be a decent gamble. Especially for a novelty watch.

The suare one actually looks like a rip off of the Torgoen T26 with a digital display. Which I don't dislike, since I own a T13.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I decided just to order one and try it out. If it's horrible, it's horrible. $23 shipped. I spent more on lunch today than that.

I might even even strip the black paint and cerakote it the same drab grey as everything else in the plane to match. This could end up being a fun project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the Infantry slide-rule watch from Amazon yesterday Feb 2, 2015. The slide-rule ring is fake -- the ring rotates but the scales do not move independently. It's too bad because the printing is crisp and readable for my 65-year-old eyes. I got the black version, and it is a handsome watch and comes in an impressive presentation box.

The digital readouts are black and unreadable without the backlight. It has green figures when the backlight works, but it flickers or does not come on reliably.

The instructions are very sketchy. I'll probably put this watch in the toy box for my grandchildren.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts