WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current candidates are the Stowa diver style, Nauticfish 500M (I hate the 1000M), Ocean7, any thing but a Seiko or Citizen.

I am going to get a nice big diver that I can keep forever.

What do you think I should get? I want quality and good non-Rolex looks.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
New2this,

Hello. How much less than 1000 were you thinking? Because if you are able to stretch a few hundred over a thousand you might come across a pre-owned Tag Heuer Aquagraph for around 1300 as well. Very solid watch with a chronograph that operates under water. I am not sure how much SARs are but I think they might be around 600 or so. A very big dive watch also built like a tank. I also think the lume on the SARs are tritium tubes that shine well at night.

Personally I would prefer a nauticfish to a Stowa. Just personal preference as far as aesthetics. Check out the "Black One" and "Black Two". Both substantial watches with PVD cases/ I think they might be hovering around 1200usd though.

Scott

·
Registered
905 Posts
The new Stowa Seatime or a used Stowa Prodiver would do just fine. Any Enzo would be a fine choice.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The new Stowa Seatime or a used Stowa Prodiver would do just fine. Any Enzo would be a fine choice.

Yessir!!! Slip took the words right out of my mouth!! Also check out an Auto-Zilla. Yes it is a Citizen, but it is "THE" citizen diver to get!! I know it is not what your looking for, but it is worth giving it a shout IMO! It's a big honkin watch!! I would take an Auto-Zilla over an Ocean 7 anyday of the week:)

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
the op says no seiko or citizen but yet again they show up. frigging relentless:-d the nauticfish 500m is small. theres the 45mm zeno airplane diver, enzo, stowa seatime can be had new for 883.00 from stowa, which nauticfish 1000m don't you like? theres the new pro, the old original. also a
schaumburg can be had in your price range.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
You said nice, big diver.

·
Registered
943 Posts
the op says no seiko or citizen but yet again they show up. frigging relentless:-d the nauticfish 500m is small. theres the 45mm zeno airplane diver, enzo, stowa seatime can be had new for 883.00 from stowa, which nauticfish 1000m don't you like? theres the new pro, the old original. also a
schaumburg can be had in your price range.
Yessir!!! Slip took the words right out of my mouth!! Also check out an Auto-Zilla. Yes it is a Citizen, but it is "THE" citizen diver to get!! I know it is not what your looking for, but it is worth giving it a shout IMO! It's a big honkin watch!! I would take an Auto-Zilla over an Ocean 7 anyday of the week:)
Yes, that is why I put my little disclaimer. And I highlighted it in Zilla green for ya:-d Relentless?!? Maybe;-)

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Cut the BS and just get this. It has a blue anodized dial that is the best in the business, 1000m WR and under $800 new.

paul

·
Registered
819 Posts
another vote for the stowa prodiver - best bang for the buck in that price range (look on the sales forum for a LNIB)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
The current candidates are the Stowa diver style, Nauticfish 500M (I hate the 1000M), Ocean7, any thing but a Seiko or Citizen.

I am going to get a nice big diver that I can keep forever.

What do you think I should get? I want quality and good non-Rolex looks.

Thoughts?
Well if you are looking for big and it can't be a Seiko or Citizen then besides the Enzo's this is what comes to my mind. If you really want to make a statement go for the yellow, but the black is really sweet too. Can be had around $900 lnib on the boards when they pop up...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have to agree on the Orient. I know it is new $1150, however they rearly come up for sale second hand as most people realize what a great watch it is once they have it on the wrist. I have the yellow one, and am seriously thinking about adding the black one as I can't find a better deal in terms of quality, lume, and wrist presence.

Other than this, you can't go wrong with the Ocean7 watches in the < $1K range.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I will triple the Orient. I love this thing and it will never go...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I LOVE the Stowa Seatime limited edition, but I do not care for the all black version. Why is the Limited Edition cheaper than the Standard version? $1125.00 versus $1479.00 The Prodiver isnt bad, but I think its a bit too plain also.

I also LOVE the Oris small second hand model. Price?

Whatever I get has to have a steel bracelet. (at the least)

I am not buying a $1000 Seiko or Citizen, I want something more "small-box".

Any others? I will not buy a Tag Heuer. Ever. The name makes my skin crawl (high school memories).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts