WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a chronograph watch that I have somewhat envisioned in my head. I was dead set on the idea of an Eco-Drive, but I do not see one that grabs me. This one comes the closest.
images.jpeg
The only part I do not like is the 24 hr counter at the 2 o'clock position. I just don't see the point.

If you know of any similar, I would be greatly interested. ECO-Drive is not required by the way. Although I am shying away from automatic.

Thanks for any help or just looking at all.

·
Premium Member
7,813 Posts
Unfortunately the 24 hours dial is a recent passion of Citizen's and you must learn to live with it. Totally useless IMHO.

You may also wish to go the all black route which makes this chrono look rather good ...

CIMG0271_2.JPG

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Not sure if this agrees with your sensibilities, but the Citizen Cal. 2100 is by far the most popular Citizen chronograph:

It might be too busy for you though.

Some alternatives:

This is Seiko's most popular quartz chronograph (variations on this sportura, anyway). It does add an alarm though.

If you want a solar powered watch, these might be right up your alley too:

Of course there are many variations of all of these.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are some really good starts and a few items I was not aware of.
Thank you.

(I do like the black as well. Good suggestion.)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I don't understand what's up with Seiko and their quartz alarm movement they've produced for over 20 years? For a number of years, it seems that's the only chronograph movement they even offered! I have about a couple of them and I've NEVER used the alarm - has anyone else? It's nice to see that Seiko has produced some other chronograph movements of late - I like that hunky Seiko diver above with the blue/black bezel, I saw it at Costco for $179 the other day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts