WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a digital watch that can not only show the current temperature but also record the maximum and minimum temperature for checking later on. I guess it probably will be a Casio but am posting in other forums also just in the off chance that there may be other brands too.

Besides regular time keeping and the above mentioned temperature function, I really don't require things like baro,alti etc but I have a feeling they would be there anyways.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Long out of production, the TS-200 may suit your needs. It can display current temperature on homescreen and will log the temp, date and time every hour up to 30 logs for viewing later. It will also show sunrise and sunset times for past and future dates which may also be useful to you. I don't have the manual so I don't know any more specifics

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am not sure, but I thought that the old Jason (DW-001) may also have this functionality and be marginally easier to find than the TS-200 (on top of being a G-Shock).

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
A G9300 Mudman will give you a temperature readout but you'll have to remove it from your wrist for approximately 15 minutes before receiving an accurate readout.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A G9300 Mudman will give you a temperature readout but you'll have to remove it from your wrist for approximately 15 minutes before receiving an accurate readout.

Thanks...but will it record the maximum and minimum temperature for checking later on?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Quite a few will do the job but they are all vintage models unfortunately.

The DW-001 and the DW-6100s will automatically record the temperature for various settable time periods ranging from one hour to eight hours. It keeps the last thirty records in its memory. So you can see how the temperature is doing over quite a long period.

The DW-9500, GL-140 and DW-004AS also automatically records the temperature every hour and keeps the last one hundred measurements in its memory.

The DW-6700 and DW-9100 record temperature every 15 minutes and keep 50 records.

Mitch

·
Registered
547 Posts
I am pretty sure that any digital watch with a thermometer would require you to remove it from your wrist for a period of time, to give you an accurate temp reading. Correct me if I am wrong folks but I have yet to see one that can give an accurate ambient temp on-wrist, since your body heat throws it off. Also if you are in sunlight that will also throw off the reading. You basically need to take the watch off and make sure its in the shade if you want an accurate ambient temp. Not sure if the original poster expects the temp readings on-wrist...

There are some humidity/temp digital devices (free standing, not a watch) that automatically track max/min humidity and temp, I have one in my office at home. But if you need something in watch form that measures an accurate ambient temp on-wrist, and automatically saves the max/min - I seriously doubt you will find one.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts