WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys think of other divers with super-sparse-dials, that are super-easy to read the time at a glance ?

Sinn U1, Ennebi & Panerai come to mind. Trying to stay within Max price $3000.

Any other suggestions ?

thanks guys...

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think you can get the UTS 1000M V2 for under that, certainly you could used. Hexa 500 might work for you. Kemmner has some very minimal dials.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts

Reactions: SHANE 1000

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just about anything from Ocean7 and for $3k you'll be able get 3 of 'em because most of them are under $1k :-!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I suspect that some of the elegance in the OP's examples come from the fact that only hour indicators (and not minute indications) are present on some Panerai & Ennebi's - that sparsifies the dials nicely (if, admittedly it might reduce functionality a bit).

Another example that I own, and has for now atleast, scratched the Panerai itch is the SAS SEA-01. A really well made/designed/considered watch for the cost. It does have minute markers, but doesn't waste designs elements on ornament.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342381785.589202.jpg

Another watch, which I tried on recently and was really surprised by, was the new U-Boat U42 at 47mm (they have the gaul to market it as a ladies watch). It has some elements from both the Panerai Subs and Ennebi, but with it's own look. I know this brand is the target of much ire here on WUS (and some of it deserved) - but I was really impressed by this one - it has no minute markers, and can be had for around $3300 (grey) and probably a good deal less used.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342382130.530441.jpg

Also, I'm not sure how much the IWC aquatimer vintage goes for, but it's really clean and classic.

Good luck, I'd be curious to know if you end up finding 'the one' on this search

·
Registered
70 Posts
Benarus Mil Diver looks pretty spartan to me.

No minute markers and a sterile chapter ring.

Minimal dial text.

Easy to read.

Bright lume.

Two kinds of cases.

About $600 new.

07.jpg

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks you for the good suggestions guys.
These are some good one's.
Haven't hit a home run yet, but they all help :)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Armida A2 500M
MKII Milsub HRV
Wilson 200M Pro Diver
Breitling Superocean Heritage 42
Sinn EZM1 (pre-owned)

·
Registered
734 Posts
One of dream watches is the EZM1, but all the examples I have seen lately are over $4500

1 - 20 of 32 Posts