WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum members,

It is likely my first post on this forum as I come in to seek your thoughts and opinions on a future watch purchase ?

I am seeking my first casually simple dress watch and would like your thoughts on the options that may be available to me. I am 28 and so donot want a very very formal watch .. I want sth that I can wear to work occasionally and outside as well. Sleek, Simple, Classy

MY general likes/thoughts --

condition - new/mint
budget - under 5K USD
Case size - > 40 mm (42 mm is my sweet spot )
Movt - In house (Mechanical)
Bracelet preferred
Leather strap okay too
Brushed Case preferred.

So far, I have weighed a few options and I am tilting towards a Grand Seiko SBGA003
Here is a picture from Seiya ..

would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions about options available to me
Pics are welcome !!!

Cheers

nishant

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Love the GS above!

Here's another suggestion. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. The one below is 38.5mm but it comes in 41.5mm as well. (Pics stolen from WUS member ChronoScot)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, and again its my own personal bias, but a dressier watch is about class and prestige...which comes with success and consistency and by being independent ... an in-house movement represents for me.. Just That !!
Thats only a personal thought and I very well know that alll that it is in the end is ONLY a Thought.

Cheers

Why in-house?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

Nomos Zurich Datum. 39.7mm is close enough to 40mm I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts