WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

Basically looking for a dressy watch with a black leather strap in the price range of $CDN1000 to 2000. Heading into my last year of University, and I wanted to buy a dressy watch to go with a suit (for when I start full time next spring). Looking for something that is also sporty enough to be worn with jeans.

I wish my budget could afford a Zenith El Primero Striking 10th 03.2041.4052/69.C496. I'm looking for something exactly like this. Case diameter around 42mm, sporty, yet dressy.

Let me know if you need more information so you can narrow it down.

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Look for a used Omega Aqua Terra or Railmaster, in either 39mm or 42mm. The watch does wear large, so the 39mm version might suit you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! Look for a used Omega Aqua Terra or Railmaster, in either 39mm or 42mm. The watch does wear large, so the 39mm version might suit you.

Wow, that's a gorgeous watch. I'm thinking of going new instead of used. I noticed on amazon that it's a tad over $4,000. Is there anything similar in the 1000 to 2000 range that I can get new?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
There was a thread recent about watches that resembled the AT. Look for that. If I recall, there'd we're two Mido models that sort of fit the bill. And even cheaper are A few Seiko models.

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check out Frederique Constant. They have a forum on WUS. I think that the Maxime Manufacture line is beautiful, and the company presents the rare opportunity to own a watch with an in-house Swiss movement for under $2000. I'm still trying to see one in the flesh. Fortunately, they are available through Amazon which is very lenient with returns if the fit and finish are not what you expected. Here's a link to one:

Amazon.com: Frederique Constant Men's FC-700MS5M6 Maxime Manufacture Automatic Silver Roman Numerals Dial Watch: Frederique Constant: Watches

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I second the Frederique Constant advice. I own one and the fit and finish are great if you like the styling.

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
In the AT lookalike thread the Tissot T- Tempo Automatic COSC was mentioned. I would definitely check it out, cool watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, sorry for the delayed response.

The Frederique does look nice, and it is in my price range. I'll try to find a local dealer to take a look at it.

Just to answer your question Crown and Caliber, the style I'm looking for is a dressy, but sporty watch. Something that a 22 year old can wear in the office (dress code is business formal, but most take their ties off after a few hours). zenith_el_primero_striking.jpg

This Zenith El Primero Striking 10th is exactly what I'm looking for. Combines sporty and dressy. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range. In terms of brands, I'm not very picky. I own a TAG, and it has served me well. That is my work watch for now until I can get one similar to that Zenith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts