WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm not sure of the correct terminology but I'm trying to find watches that have a second hand that flies back to 12 o'clock when you pull the crown out to set the time. It always irks me that I have to wait for the second hand to sweep around to 12.

What is the correct name for such a watch and what models are there?

Don't worry about budget for now as I am just interested in seeing what is out there.

TIA.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
hmm, definitely not flyback, which is a function on the chronograph allowing for quick restart of chrono.

I don't think I';ve ever heard of such function or seen a watch where the running second hand can be reset to 12:00. Have to wait for it to finish the sweep if want to set precise time (see another thread on hacking vs non-hacking watches).

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, definitely not flyback, which is a function on the chronograph allowing for quick restart of chrono.
Thanks, I knew Flyback was wrong, but it was the closest I could think of.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GO has exact feature you are looking for (for price...)..

https://monochrome-watches.com/glashutte-original-senator-chronometer-reviewed-with-photos-specs-and-price/

Dornbluth has Quattro-Arret feature:
D.Dornblüth & Sohn » NEWS EN

Which will stop the second hand at 15/30/45/0 seconds depends on when you pull the crown.
That's exactly it. The GO is gorgeous and has the added bonus flicking on the minute hand and then advancing in whole minute increments when turning the crown. Love it :).

·
Registered
7,878 Posts

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
These quartz Bulova Chrono Precisionist, 8 hands have the seconds hand return to 12 o'clock when crown is pulled.

98B183 is a 45mm, 8-hand quartz chrono, sweeps at 16 beats per second, super smooth motion and so far, it is dead nuts accurate.

Short, silent video showing smooth sweep hand, use and one-second bump motion of second hand when timing with chronometer and reset. Smooth sweep at the end.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIJZYwtPguk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
ALS also has that function on their 1815 and Saxonia lines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts