WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All --

I just sent my Glycine Base 22 in for regulation -- it runs fast -- and my wrist is very light as a result. Now I'm looking for something to use until the fine folks Bienne send my watch back.

I prefer a mechanical or automatic watch. It seems like there are some good options from Russia, but it's a little confusing. I prefer a 24H purist movement -- no secondary hour hand. I also like a watch without too much ornamentation, but the Antartica faces are really cool! Maybe £200 or less, and available in Europe -- better the UK. If it's more than £200, I would probably try to find a vintage Airman. I am okay with new or used.

What do you think? Any help to pick my first Russian watch is very welcome!

travis

·
Registered
23 Posts
You might want to look at Raketa's offerings. Most of their 24h watches can be found fairly cheap on eBay. You want one with a 2623.H movement, and I'd post a link to the watch on the forum so experienced members can help you discover if it's legitimate or a parts watch.

Here's my recently purchased Raketa off eBay, I believe it was about $70. With some searching you can probably find a better deal.
(Sorry for the huge pic, I don't know how to make it smaller)
WP_20121207_006.jpg

·
Registered
587 Posts
There are good sellers, bad sellers, and flat-out heartless bandits. Samun belongs to WUS, services everything before he sells it, has an awesome personal collection, and is just the best for Raketas. On eBay, he's "samun_povt". On f10, he's "Samun". Raketa has been making fine 24 hour watches for a long time, so as with everything else there's the Franken issue; I'd not worry about this one second with Samun

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Hahaha I didn't notice that Dash. But I'm glad it has been restarted as it has given Comrade Dimy the opportunity to show that rather lovely looking Sturnanskie 24h piece. I'm interested - where from and how much please my friends?

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Hahaha I didn't notice that Dash. But I'm glad it has been restarted as it has given Comrade Dimy the opportunity to show that rather lovely looking Sturnanskie 24h piece. I'm interested - where from and how much please my friends?
Yes, since that time Vostok has made many Airman sidekicks as they have reissued their 24h movement, I remember a copy of the original 24h that went in space too.

And I would have taken the 24h Albatros when it was available. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts