WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Just purchased this watch:

...and now I'm looking for a strap for it. I've combed through countless sites and pages looking for the ideal strap. It needs to be 18mm wide, might be able to use a 20mm with a tight fit or some slight modifications.

I'm thinking with this watch, a black Maratac Elite strap with blue stitching would look great, like the ones below but with blue stitching. But... I can't find one with blue stitching.

I borrowed this picture from www.countycomm.com, www.broadarrow.com also carries the Maratac strap, but no blue stitching...

Does anyone know of a supplier that carries the above strap with blue stitching in 20mm? The red stitching might not look bad, and it would catch the red tip of the third hand. The white stitching would pull off of the white numerals... but I really think blue would look the best. Does anyone know if I could dye the white stitching blue?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Vendor
6,164 Posts
A Hirsch Grand Duke would look a smart option, the red stitch picking out the red on the second hand

also in Blue with Blue stitch

·
Registered
749 Posts
Buy the Maratac Elite strap with white stitching and a blue sharpie marker. Trust me, it looks good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I'm going to try both the white stitch and the red stitch Maratac straps, and see if I fancy either. If not I'll try to alter one of them to have the blue stitching.

I do like the black leather with blue stitch, has anyone tried these straps from eBay seller jeffsmit1?

I'm digging the blue edges!

·
Banned
727 Posts
Keep in mind that the Maratac straps aren't 20mm wide........they're cut(notched) to 20mm. The total strap width is 24mm, I believe. It'll dwarf that watch. Heck, it might just be wider than the outside edge of the lugs.

Nice watch, though, especially for the $$. I've had a couple from that line. Good size, just too small for that strap in my opinion.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind that the Maratac straps aren't 20mm wide........they're cut(notched) to 20mm. The total strap width is 24mm, I believe. It'll dwarf that watch. Heck, it might just be wider than the outside edge of the lugs.

Nice watch, though, especially for the $$. I've had a couple from that line. Good size, just too small for that strap in my opinion.

Cheers,

Ben
I'm a bit worried about this too. I like a wider band, but I don't have the watch yet, it's in transit, so I can't measure the outside of the lugs. I wouldn't mind if the strap met the outside edge of the lugs, but I don't want it spilling over the edges. Think I read that Seiko 5 only has a 38mm bezel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm a bit worried about this too. I like a wider band, but I don't have the watch yet, it's in transit, so I can't measure the outside of the lugs. I wouldn't mind if the strap met the outside edge of the lugs, but I don't want it spilling over the edges. Think I read that Seiko 5 only has a 38mm bezel.
I checked for you, 24mm lug to lug.
:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked for you, 24mm lug to lug.
:)
Thank you for checking that for me. I saw your post just a few hours too late!

I ended up buying this strap from www.TheWatchBarn.com

Found a pic online with a blue faced pilot style watch with this style of band and it looked great. I'm going to give it a shot.

Thanks to everyone for their guidance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts