WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have a Seiko Skx007 with a Tungchoy SOII and an Orient Ray, and I'm looking for another dive watch around the same size. I'm leaning towards a Sub-homage type watch but I'm swayed away from Invicta. I've heard mixed reviews about the Steinhart Ocean 1 and the Squale 20 atmos classic. I would prefer to stay in the sub $500 range, because my budget won't allow me any higher. Sapphire crystal, swiss auto movement and stainless steel bracelet are a must. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mixed reviews about a Steinhart Ocean 1? They're awesome! That's what you should get IMO. Definitely the best sub homage in your price range.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Can you still get Kadloo Scubamarine watches?

How much does the Davosa Ternos go for in the US? Here, they retail for about £550 but ordered from Germany, they're closer to £500. That's over your budget but they're also one of the very few (along with the Kadloo) that stick with the "proper" 40mm case size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the research last night and I'm hung up between the Steinhart and the Squale. Each watch has different "issues" but the magnification of the cyclops doesn't matter to me, but I want screwed links and a sturdy clasp. Maybe an aftermarket bracelet for the Squale? Or just pay the extra fifty bucks for the ceramic Ocean 1?

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Ceramic bezels are lovely in the, um, metal; I played with the PO for the first time this weekend and my next bezel will be ceramic. Or sapphire.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Can't go wrong with steinhart have an ocean 44 and have just ordered an ocean vintage red. Top quality at an amazing price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts