WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 2018 All ! Just purchased this piece, a Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80, Black Dial and a Black Leather Strap, with quick release buckle.

More Images here : imgur d0t com /a/o7L6W

Not a fan of the black strap, the contrast doesn't feel right on my wrist. (Just a personal opinion - as I am dark skinned by the way)

Anyone here can recommend a good mod strap?

Looking at maybe buying a nato or a solid matt leather/nubuck style strap. No stainless or steel bands pls.

Currently considering maybe lighter tan, grey or maybe even something with a hint of green.

Please feel free to inspire me with pictures of yours or with any examples for watches this style (polished stainless case with black dial).

Current strap is a 21mm, and from some reading I do understand a 22mm would fit pretty easily.

M?ski zegarek Certina DS 1 Powermatic 80 C029.407.16.051.00-i.JPG s-l1600.jpg

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
I wouldn’t do a nato or the like as the watch is to greasy for that. I’d stick with 2 piece leather. I’d go black suede or maybe grey and even brown (like a caramel). Check out Hirsch Liberty, Colareb Venezia or Martu Straps for budget friendly pieces

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wouldn’t do a nato or the like as the watch is to greasy for that. I’d stick with 2 piece leather. I’d go black suede or maybe grey and even brown (like a caramel). Check out Hirsch Liberty, Colareb Venezia or Martu Straps for budget friendly pieces
Go custom! Pick out what you want.

I agree with both City74 and gregspitz, go custom from Martu. Andrea has always looked after me with atypical custom requests. You can browse and buy from the Martu website or from the eBay or ETSY stores.
B79

1 - 6 of 6 Posts