WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
For $50 I would recommend the Lamy Safari. Will last you a lifetime, they are so durable. Charcoal one with blacked out nib and clip looks stealthy and cool. You won't find a fountain pen more iconic than this in this price range.
https://youtu.be/Mgao0JloxLU

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lamy Studio in silver for fountain or ball point pen.

Studio.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
i'm against the grain in that I've never liked Lamys that much (or Mont Blancs either, to go to the other end of the spectrum). My go to brands are Pelikan, Shaeffer, and Laban. Some great Parker vintages can be had cheaply if you look a bit, as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I really like Parker’s rollerball refills in medium. My favorite way to use them is with a Parker Sonnet in Cisele and another one in black lacquer. You can find these quite reasonably priced in the used market.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If your heart's not set on a fountain pen, I really love my simple Parker Jotter and Fisher Space Pen. They get the job done!

As for a watch, save up for an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch. It's SOOOOO worth the sacrificing and waiting!
The Jotter is amazing! I genuinely haven't been able to find anything better

·
Registered
267 Posts
I need to try out a Jotter but for me I've been addicted to my Zebra F-701 over the last few years. Writes great and is inexpensive so I have several around the house and in the office.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buy a Chinese pen off eBay for starters. The Wing Sung 3008 (bottom) is under $5 with a great piston fill mechanism (with an ink lock, a very rare feature) and is a decent writer. The Moonman C1 (top) is a great writer for under $25, really looks lovely and comes nicely packaged.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts