WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently sold one of my divers and I'm wanting to replace it with a decent pilot watch in the $150 range. I'm wide open to ideas, looking for something different from anything I have (mostly divers and a Citizen Nighthawk) that I can wear when I'm flying. Preferably a chronograph and/or Zulu time.

What do you guys like in that range?

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Personally, in that range I'd be looking at the Marathon Navigator and the Traser/H3 P6500. With tritium vials you get unsurpassed legibility, the 12h bezel is a nice GMT feature, you can also measure elapsed time, and the watches are comfortable to wear.

I did a comparative review here: http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6447

The Traser is a more solid watch (a remake by the original makers of a 1990s US issued pilot's watch), the Marathon is current issue.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I recently sold one of my divers and I'm wanting to replace it with a decent pilot watch in the $150 range. I'm wide open to ideas, looking for something different from anything I have (mostly divers and a Citizen Nighthawk) that I can wear when I'm flying. Preferably a chronograph and/or Zulu time.

my favorite watch, i currently have 2 types, they are vintage, mechanical, and good quality, in your price range (but would probably need a service on top of purchase price) and not may people have them, genuine military issue, but probably not quite what you are looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quite challeging request in that budget range. Zulu time or GMT are usually more expensive than that. However, if you want to pick something interesting, automatic and close to what you are looking for, have a look to the Komandirskie 030934 for around $140, a 24 hours watch with a compass rotating bezel that can be modded to a 24 hours bezel (batman 24 hours bezel below) for a few more dollars. Or even to Komandirskie 650547L for less than $80 with date and the same modding option. I cannot post my own photos yet, because I am waiting mine to arrived.

vostok 030934 | Bracelet watch, Rolex watches, Accessories
24-DIAL Watch VOSTOK KOMANDIRSKIE 650546 Mechanical-Auto Water Proof 200m  for sale online

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
$150 in 2006 is approximately $1500 in today's money, right?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

Find a black dial Seiko quartz chrono on ebay or amazon. They made them for the RAF, so they're more "authentic" than most of the watches discussed here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts