WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer i bought an TH Aquaracer and really love that watch. But I'm looking for a second watch which I could use as a beater since then. This second watch will be used just for holidays, days at the beach, work around the house etc. Especially because w're going on a safari to SA, Zimbabwe, Zambia next summer and I don't want to use my AR for that.

So, what am I looking for?

- Dive watch (sub style)
- 41-44 mm (42 mm is just fine for me, because otherwise my TH will look so small after wearing this other watch.. ;-) and not "small looking" like the Citizen Ecodrive)
- good looking on a Nato strap
- I prefer a black dial and bezel
- quartz
- budget: max EUR 500, but rather somewhere around EUR 200.

I really like the Steinhart O1 watches (green |> ) and the 44, but there all automatics and I really prefer a quartz as a "beater". It seams that all nice watches I find are automatics.. I just don't want to set time every time I'm wearing it..

Hope you guys can help me with this! Thnx!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Victorinox Dive Master in quartz version is a nice affordable beater. Looks good on a nato strap also.

M

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
If you can get past not-so-good lume and mineral crystal, Casio mdv106 is a great beater for it's 50$ price tag.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Victorinox Dive Master, but can't find a "cheap" one (some US sellers, but I live in Europe)..

The Invicta looks nice, but is quite small (38 mm)..

Casio, Timex, Pulsar I really don't like as a brand..

Thnx so far!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I bought a Deep Blue chronograph in 2011, and it has functioned flawlessly. It's a bang accurate quartz. The watch is beautiful; the photo does not do it justice. I always get compliments on it whenever I wear it. The lume is bright, and the rubber strap is comfortable and durable. It's also quite affordable ($149).

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Maybe check out Momentum watches. They have some great divers and very reasonable prices. Have a look at the Deep 6 model.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
This may be a bit too inexpensive but it makes a great grab-and-go watch. Also comes with date if you want.
I have it on a Watchadoo but looks great on a Zulu.
The Kronos:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Look for a preowned Seiko SKX031

(pic borrowed)

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
CWC RN diver is easily in your price range. Swiss made 40mm watch with fixed bars so no bracelet option. Tough as nails, looks and runs great.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Citizen BN0000-04H

Standard 20mm lugs so takes any Nato or leather strap.

One piece case too...

There are a lot of happy owners on this forum who can confirm the watch is pretty bombproof.
Its got the word Divers on the dial so has extra shock resistance etc..
I think it's also now issued to Royal Navy divers.

There is a Pepsi variation, the BN0001-01L

Both are available on Amazon.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I like the Victorinox Dive Master, but can't find a "cheap" one (some US sellers, but I live in Europe)..

Thnx so far!
Definitely get the Victorinox Divemaster 500 quartz. It's a fantastic, extremely well built watch (the toughest watch I own), and it's well within your budget if you order it from the U.S. Currently Jomashop has them on sale for $411 plus $45 shipping. Converted, that's $351 Euros... well below your budget threshold.

Edit: My link, above, is for the DM model 'A MattR of Time' has posted in the photo below.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Another vote for the DM500 Black Ice. Looks great on a two tone/PVD NATO

Reactions: Triton9
1 - 20 of 33 Posts