WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- As the title indicates, I want to get a quartz travel watch, preferably world time but GMT will work also. I prefer quartz because I want this to be a "grab & go" watch and quartz watches are normally less expensive. I am looking to spend less than $1000 for this watch. I know that many will suggest the Casio Worldtimer and it is a nice and very inexpensive watch but I prefer a more traditional analog dial. Two that I have found that are of interest are the Delma Cayman Worldtimer and Fromanteel Globetrotter GMT. Appreciate any suggestions you can provide. If this question has been addressed in another recent post, please let me know. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
You may be able to find a Longines VHP GMT for under or around $1K grey market.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Here is the Citizen Promaster GMT. Available in three color schemes. $315 - $440, depending on the colors.
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the Citizen Promaster GMT. Available in three color schemes. $315 - $440, depending on the colors.
View attachment 16913283
Hi- Great suggestion. I have given this one hard thought. My reservations are the case size (43mm?), the dial is kinda busy, and questions regarding build quality. Maybe you can comment on these? However, spot-on suggestion. Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
if you're willing to put up with seiko kinetics, I use the kinetic landmaster as my travel watch
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Silver

if you're not in need of a local jump hour GMT, the timex waterbury is pretty sweet looking and well under $1k
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

·
Registered
658 Posts
Citizen makes a very nice titanium GMT watch, BJ7111-86L blue dial, and BJ7110-89E, Glycine makes some nice GMT watches definitely worth a look. Seiko 5 new GMT might work you. Best of luck with your search!!!

·
Registered
Lots of Hamiltons, a couple of Seiko's, a Smith Everest and a vintage 69 Speedy Pro
283 Posts
Hi- Great suggestion. I have given this one hard thought. My reservations are the case size (43mm?), the dial is kinda busy, and questions regarding build quality. Maybe you can comment on these? However, spot-on suggestion. Thanks
I own this watch. It wears big and is pretty chunky but whatever the coating is on the bezel, I haven't been able to mark it and I'm not gentle with my watches (well the rugged ones at least). Sapphire glass, 44mm, 51mm lug to lug, 22mm lug width and it's solar. It's also got a decent clasp with a button controlled micro adjustment / dive extension.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Longines V.H.P. GMT fits your needs perfectly. Jomashop has them for less than 1K. It has some interesting features not normally found on a GMT. The watch was recently discontinued, but it is really cool.

PVD coated w/white dial

Stainless with Black Dial

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I managed to get mine on eBay for under $200 it was an open box item meaning it didn’t come with the original packaging. It does have a built in ratchet divers extension plus it has a useful feature where you can change the main hour hand while the gmt hand stays put. But keep in mind the date changes when you operate the crown in the opposite direction.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts