WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Strap Culture straps, but $75 is a little high for me.

Are there any rustic/rugged leather straps that are similar to the Strap Culture style that cost less that $40?

S

·
0 Posts
Not that close but reasonable priced: Herzog Buffalo 25,-- €, you may also have a look at the Steinhart "special straps".

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, that stienhart is a little too rustic. I was looking for something that was not padded. Just a folded strip of leather in sort of a light reddish brown color.

I liked the Hirsch liberty, but I'm not sure if it would fit in a Butterfly clasp.

I love the Strap Culture bands, but it just feels wrong to have 1/3 the cost of a watch be in the strap.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Your best bet will be Strap Culture. Steinhart has a cognac colour but it has two rivets on the lug end and may not suit your style. I purchased the cognac strap while back and it's a really good strap, very thick at 5mm, non padded. Some picture, the beige one is from SC and the rest from Steinhart.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
How about these from www.panatime.com?
I believe all three are $39.95, under $40, right! ;-)

I have purchased a number of straps from them, all great with good service.

Images courtesy of panatime.com

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe Rustic was the wrong word to use, I basically wanted something that didn't look formal at all.

I think I'm going to go with the Di-Modell Jumbo in Brown or Light Brown.

• How do you think this will look on a white Seiko Samurai?
  • How will this look after a few years of abuse? Does it wear nicely, or will it just start to look shabby.
  • Will a Butterfly clasp fit on it?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Di-Modell Jumbo in Brown or Light Brown.
  • How do you think this will look on a white Seiko Samurai?
  • How will this look after a few years of abuse? Does it wear nicely, or will it just start to look shabby.
  • Will a Butterfly clasp fit on it?
Personally, I think it would look killer, as long as the brown isn't too deep. I swap between basic black and a medium brown on my black sammy, both with white stitching and love the look...so does my wife so I guess that lends some credibility ;-)

Don't own any Di-Modells so I can't help with 2 or 3!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Hirsch Liberty, then beat it up and down. thats what I did.

V

·
0 Posts
If the lugs fit (20mm), those on the Seiko SCVS013 Spirit are Shell Cordovan in a rustic style. Many owners don't like them. Mebbe a WTB will get some response? Just throwing a random idea that came to my head.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
What did you use, Neatsfoot oil and a hammer! *lol* I hang out in a forum for Indy re-inactors, and they do a lot of this on their 300-400.00 leather jackets to get just the look they are looking for. That strap looks great, though-what did you do to it to soften it up like that? I have one coming in the mail this week for a Monster and I hate breaking in straps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts